Chapter 8

-Nora POV-

When we took Eren over the wall, we were met with guns. Captain Vorm was keeping us under shot.

“Armin” I said and tucked his jacket. “I know who can help us. I need you to trust me” I whispered and he nodded without thinking about it. “Good, give me as much time as possible” I said and took off.

“Hold, don’t shoot! That’s the Commanders Granddaughter!” I heard Captain Vorm shout.

‘Ah good, he does remember me. Thank god for the flashy hair’
I finally found my grandfather.
“Cadet Nora Sato, I need to speak to my grandfather, Commander Pyxis” I saluted and they let me through immeadiatly.

“Nora, thank God you’re alright” he said and hugged me.
“I’m glad to see you too, grandpa. But right now, I need your help as a Commander. Captain Vorm is about to kill my friends” I said and everyone looked at me.

“Tell me” he said.
“Long story short, my friend Eren Yeager has the ability to transform into a Titan. He took out a dozen Titans and made sure we cadets were able to get over the wall. But when we came over the wall, Captain Vorm took us under shot. He doesn’t see that Eren’s powers can help us. With him we have a fighting chance against the Titans!” I explained.

“Are you sure you didn’t hit your head?” asked another Captain.
“I didn’t! I saw Eren emerge from a Titan body. He’s the only reason me and the other cadets survived! Please, you have to help him, grandpa. 2 of my friends are with him. And Captain Vorm has pointed cannons at them. Please, Commander Pyxis. Eren can help us” I said and he nodded.

“Let’s move out!” my grandfather shouted.

~

We saw Armin saluting with heart and Captain Vorm was raising his hand, signing for the cannons to fire. But my grandfather stopped his arm.
We saw a skeleton of a Titan going up in smoke.

‘What the hell happened here?’
“Nora!” shouted Eren and Mikasa. They smiled at me and I smiled back.

“That’s enough. You should really do something about your nervous disposition, Captain Vorm” said Grandpa and released the Captains hand. “Can you not see this soldiers heartfelt salute? I’ve only just arrived, but Nora here explained the situation to me. Gather our reinforcements. I think we could at least do these young soldiers the favour of hearing them out”

I ran towards Armin who had fallen to his knees and hugged him. He hugged me back with shaky hands.
“Good job, Armin. You bought me just enough time” I whispered.

“I knew you would come” he whispered back.
“Nora” said Mikasa and Eren and they both hugged me too.
“You saved us” said Eren and I chuckled.

“I just used my connections in the military. Don’t worry, Commander Pyxis is a reasonable man. He won’t kill you. If Armin can come up with a plan to use your powers, Eren. He will stand besides you, he’ll believe in you” I said and they nodded.

“So how do you know the Commander?” asked Mikasa.
“Oh… eh… he’s my grandfather…” I whispered and they looked shocked. “Please don’t tell anyone. Not even the instructors knew about it. I didn’t want anyone to know. In case they would think I got good points because my family is high ranked in the military” they nodded.

“Nora” said my grandfather.
“Yes sir?” I asked.
“Get up on the walls with your friends. We’re gonna have a little chat” he said and I nodded.

When we got up on the wall, Eren told my grandfather about the cellar in his house. Where information about the Titans would be found…
My grandfather walked close to the edge of the wall, looking down at the Titans.