Chapter 27

-Levi POV-

I threw one of my blades to him to him and used my cape as a cover. I quickly ran off the roof and used my ODM-gear to avoid getting hit.
I followed the wagon. They had taken out another one of Hange’s people and knocked out Eren and Historia.
But around the corner there were 3 people waiting for me.

‘Shit! They predicted our every damn move!’
I had to stay in motion, avoiding bullets all over.
I looked above me and saw Kenny, I flew into a corridor.

‘Of all people, why would you work with the MP’s?’
They kept shooting at me and I flew into a bar.

“It’s Levi, the Scouts” said someone.
“Make yourself at home sir!” said the owner.
‘Shit, if this keeps up. I’ll lose my team, Eren, Historia and Eleanor’

“It’s the dimmest thing. I seem to be smelling a rat in this fine establishment. Come on out, little rodent” I heard Kenny say and I hid behind the bar. “The sheriff is here! And I aim to exterminate all the vermin I can find! Bang! Bang! Oh! Come on! You here or not?”

“Right here, Kenny. It’s been a while. I really thought you’d be dead by now. With all the MP’s you were butchering” I said. “But now you’re great friends, heh?”

“Yeah, well adults do plenty of things kids like you can’t understand. Oh right, my mistake. You’re supposed to be an adult now but you’re still such a runt it’s hard to tell. Always hoped I might get to see you in action someday. I can’t say I’m disappointed either. Seems you remembered every trick I taught you. Even little Eleanor seems to have picked up on it, she really does look just like you” he said and I got angry.
‘How long has he known about her?’

“But didn’t I ever tell you what happens to a cornered rat? Because if I had, you would know that where ever you run, you’ll find a bullet waiting. Hey, Levi” he threw a chair at the bottles in front of me. “You must’ve become a Scout for a reason. And I think I know what that is. We were forced to survive in that little hellhole. Giving everything we had just to stay alive. You even gave up your daughter so that she could have a better life. So when we found out just how big the world really was, you could bet it hurt like hell. But you know what saved us? We found something we enjoyed doing, it’s just that simple. Every man needs himself a hobby. Maybe the only source of fulfilling you’ll ever find in this retched world”

“Oh, I see. Is that why you blew off my people’s heads then? Because it’s fulfilling?” I asked, I turned a bottle around so that I could see him in the reflection.

“Yes, to achieve my grand goal I’ll kill as many that get in my way. And you’re no different. You kill too when it benefits you. I wonder if little Nora knows that” he said. I took the gun from the bar.

“Yeah” I said and shot it behind me. “Thanks for the help, old man” I gave the gun back to the owner.
I threw a chair outside and someone above me fired on it.

‘Too easy’ I went outside and dragged him down with the hook of my ODM-gear. I went back upon a roof and used the body as a shield.
Killing 2 more…

-Nora POV-

“I hear shooting” said Sasha, I looked at her and she pointed right. “From there! I heard close to a dozen shots!”
“Do you think they ran into some trouble?” asked Jean.

“Seems likely” I said and they all looked at me. “The Captain gave me a message. As of now, it’s not just Titans, we’re fighting humans too”

“Heh? You don’t mean…” began Jean.
I quickly took off to the direction Sasha pointed. ‘I have to help him’

“Look! There they are!” shouted Conny, we looked down and saw Eren and Historia unconscious. My dad was close behind them.