Chapter 53

-Nora POV-

"We're working with Eren, even though he killed the Premier?" asked Connie when we told him what had happened.
"Hey, nobody knows if he was behind that or not" said Mikasa.

"Keep your voice down, Mikasa" said Jean. "People are suspecting us of being Yeagerists as it is"
"I'm still not sure whose side you're on" said Connie. "Care to tell us?"
"Armin, Nora and I were there when the bomb went off. We almost got killed by the blast. That answer your question?" asked Mikasa.

"Heh?" said Connie.
"Enough" said Hanji. "Like Commander Pyxis said, this is no time to fight amongst ourselves"
"What do you think of his plan?" asked Jean. "Would you really be willing to trust all our fates to Eren and Zeke?"

"No, this doesn't feel right" said Hanji. "Zeke and Yelena knew that they would never be free of suspicion so they came up with an insurance plan. And now we're watching it pay out. Our best bet is to assume that they have more contingencies in place. Let's focus on figuring out what Zeke plans to do next, before he makes even bigger fools out of us than he has. If it turns out that I'm getting worked up over nothing, then that'll be a welcomed relief"

"Do you have any leads in mind?" I asked.
"I noticed that Yelena secured work for Marleyans in a lot of strange places. One good example, would be restaurants" said Hanji.

~

We rode out to Niccolo's restaurant, when I noticed a strange girl.
"I'll meet up with all of you soon!" I shouted and Armin stopped too. "I promise I'll come soon. Don't worry"
"Okay" he said and left.

When they were out of sight I looked at the strange girl who held the paper wrongly.
"So, it looks like you survived after all. Pieck" I said and she looked surprised. "I'm good with faces"
"You didn't tell them" she said.

"Well, I wasn't sure. And right now we're in a bit of a mess ourselves" I said and sighed. "Let's talk somewhere else"
She followed me to my favourite guarden.

"You really look a lot like Lady Silva" said Pieck and I chuckled.
"So I've heard. How is Reiner? He didn't look like he was doing so well last time I saw him" I said and she smiled.
"He's doing a lot better since he heard your voice again" she said and pointed behind me, I turned around and saw Reiner.

I just stared at him for what felt like hours. I had mixed feelings when I saw him. Betrayal, hurt but also happiness and relief.
So when I looked into Reiner his eyes, and saw that his eyes were the same as they once were, that they held regret and care again, I relaxed and smiled.

"You grew again, you bastard!" I shouted and he laughed. "Don't laugh at me, Reiner! Everyone here grew bigger and I stayed this. It's not funny"
"It's good to see you again, Nora. Or should I say Eleanor now?" he asked and I laughed.

"Everyone still calls me Nora" I said. "But how are you here? And what are you doing here? It's not really the best time"
"I heard your voice, telling me to wake up. And we're looking for Gabi and Falco. Do you know where they are?" he asked.

"They were in a prison cell, but they escaped killing their guard. So I don't know where they are right now" I said. "That Falco kid really can't listen, can he? I told him to stay save, and you know what he does? Get onto our airship and almost gets thrown out. Really, what do you teach those kids in Marley?"

"We're here to find Eren" said Pieck. "And Zeke"
"Well, you and me both" I said. "I know where Zeke is, but I can't tell you. My dad is with him"
"Your dad?" asked Reiner.

"Oh right, you don't know yet. Captain Levi Ackerman is my father" I said and Reiner was surprised. "So I can't tell you where Zeke is. I'm sorry. But my dad won't just let him escape, so he's secure for now. As for Eren, well, we're looking for him as well. He escaped the prison cell and started a nice new irritating group. With freaking Floch of all people"