girls. oscar

'hiii, if you're taking requests, could u do a blurb of the reader and spookys child coming out to them both. it's totally fine if you don't want to! much love'

you were in your usual spot for a friday night, all three of you crammed up on the sofa in front of the tv. your teenage daughters head resting on oscars lap and her legs draped over yours. oscar sat, eyes glued to the screen watching another chick flick after being outvoted, again. he had come to terms that this was his life now, and actually began to enjoy most of what he was forced to watch. mostly, he just liked spending time with his two favourite girls.

his hand raked through his daughters hair, mindlessly twisting the curls 'round his fingers. both of you so consumed in the film that you hadn't noticed y/d/n had been staring at the ceiling for the past fifteen minutes.

"mom," she mumbled, hardly loud enough to be heard over the noise of the tv. you hummed in response, eyes still stuck on the screen, your hands resting on top of her legs. "hey, dad," he glanced down at her for a second before returning to the screen as not to miss the big reunion he'd been waiting for at the end of the film. he would mumble a quiet yeah nena? with his eyes on the screen.

"i—uh—don't like boys," she said a little louder this time, clearing her throat as she did. she caught your eye as you glanced down, but quickly looked away, back to the ceiling. "what i mean is— i— i like girls."

oscar stopped playing with your hair and your grip loosened on her legs. the film and the big finale was forgotten. she stared at the ceiling again, bottom lip tucked under her teeth waiting for a response.

after a brief silence, she felt your hand squeeze her leg. she moved her eyes back to her mom's soft gaze, noticing the small smile on your lips. and before either could say anything, oscar leaned down and pressed a short kiss to his daughters forehead. they were simple acts but they eased her anxious thoughts.

"we still love you, sweetie," you would mumble softly. you always seemed to know what she needed to hear. her heart was beating out of her chest, a small smile moving to her lips when she realised everything was ok.

"'course we do," oscar chimed in. "can't tell you how happy i am to know you won't be bringing any boys home."

a smirk grew on his lips, you hit his shoulder lightly and laughed softly. "yeah me too," she mimicked her mom's laugh, oscar joined in too. she felt a weight lift off her shoulders.