13. Room Renovations pt2.

"Good morning Y/N," Eamon said cheerfully as he poked his head into the guest room that Y/N had spent the night in so that the paint in her room could dry without hurting her health. "I hope you slept alright even though you're in an unfamiliar room because we have another big day ahead of us."

"Really?"Y/N yawned and stretched as she listened to Eamon's words. "What are we doing?" She asked, her sleepy face lighting up with curiosity.

"We're going to get you some new furniture for your room," His blue eyes twinkled. He was probably even more excited about the room renovations than her, it was his first time doing anything of the sort as his ex-wife had always taken care of interior design insisting that everything had to fit the modern trend. "Get dressed and come downstairs when you're ready, we'll leave after breakfast." He gave her another bright smile as he pulled the door to the guest room closed.

Y/N hurried to get dressed, nearly as excited as Eamon about the idea of picking out furniture for her room. She bounded down the stairs two at a time and slid into the kitchen on her sock-clad feet. She sat at the counter and scarfed down a bowl of name-brand cereal while Eamon chuckled at her impatience over his morning cup of coffee.

Once breakfast was finished they hurried out of the door and got into Eamon's car. They drove towards the city until they reached the retail district. "Here we are," Eamon said brightly as they pulled up outside a giant furniture store and helped Y/N out of the car. They walked across the parking lot and entered the store.

"Wow," Y/N gasped, her E/C eyes going wide as she gazed around at the three-story building with escalators leading to the different floors that were filled with every kind of furniture imaginable. "I've never seen such a big store before, how will we ever look through it all?"

"We pick a direction and we start walking, that's how," Eamon replied brightly, enthusiastic about the idea. "Let's start with a bed frame and bedding, sound good?" He asked, making sure that Y/N was on board with the idea as well.

"Yeah," she agreed, nodding her head up and down. After that, they took the escalator up to the second floor where the bedroom amenities were according to the signs. They wandered around for several minutes looking over the various options for bed frames. It felt like there were hundreds of options in every color and style imaginable.

"Hhmmm, I think that the unstained pine or white painted frames would work best in your room," Eamon asked as he gestured at the two bed frames that he was the most partial to. "what do you think?" He turned his attention to Y/N to see what she thought of them.

"Either sounds good," Y/N replied absentmindedly, the cause of her destruction being a crate several paces away in the bedding department that was filled with giant teddy bears.

"Do you want one?" Eamon asked, as he followed her line of sight and smiled as his blue-graey eyes landed on the pile of stuffed animals.

" I-I," Y/N jumped involuntarily as the sound of Eamon's voice startled her. He was right, she would love to have one but she didn't want to be greedy. "No, I don't need one," she replied turning her attention back to the bed frames they were looking at previously.

"I know that you don't need one," Eamon responded with a knowing smile, not entirely convinced by Y/N's words. "but my question was if you want to have one?" He repeated himself, just as kindly as the first time.

"... Y-Yeah," Y/N whispered after several moments of looking at her shoes. She was embarrassed to admit that she liked the idea of having one. "But I don't want to ask for more than I need-" she added quickly, not wanting Eamon to think he had to spend more unnecessary money on her.

"-That's all I needed to know," He said before she could finish, crossing to the bin to grab one of the large brown teddy bears. He returned and handed the stuffed animal over to her. "He's yours, take good care of him, now let's finish shopping, shall we?" He asked, his face filled with nothing but warmth.

Y/N nodded, unable to speak as she held the bear tightly to her chest. It may have seemed weird for a girl who was nearly seventeen to be so enamored by a simple stuffed animal, but the great lack of a proper childhood meant that she still longed to experience even the most mundane aspects of growing up.

They headed off with renewed vigor into the store, picking out bedding, a dresser, nightstands, lamps, and curtains for the windows. Since most of it was too heavy to haul through the store, Eamon just wrote down the serial number of the items they wanted and went down to the warehouse part of the store to place his order and have it delivered to the house.

One of the workers tried to take the stuffed bear off of Y/N's hands to be brought to the house with the rest of the order, but seeing her reluctance to relinquish it Eamon quickly intervened and said that she'd like to keep it with her. Once everything was signed for the employees left and Eamon turned his attention to Y/N "Alright, shall we go check out?" He asked her and she nodded her head.

They walked through the check-out with the bear and some of the other small items like the lamps and the curtains. He paid for it all on a card, making small talk with the woman who rang them up. "Hmm, wanna get some ice cream?" Eamon pointed to the novelty frozen yogurt bar within the furniture store near the exit. 

"Yes, please!" Y/N said in excitement, beaming up at him from around her stuffed bear, he smiled back at her, he was happy to see that she had briefly emerged from her shell. Two minutes later they walked away with dishes heaping with frozen yogurt. Eamon's was salted caramel and chocolate with crushed nuts on top while Y/Ns was vanilla and strawberry nearly covered in gummy worms, gummy bears, and fresh-cut strawberries.

"It will take some time for them to pack everything and deliver it to the house, so would you like to do some window shopping while we wait?" He asked her as they walked together into the parking lot and Y/N nodded.

A/N

These too are just so wholesome (for  now) you best enjoy it while it lasts; it won't last forever. ^~^

Until next time I'll see you on the other side

~J. C. Coltt.~