˗ˋ 17

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

-: seventh year :-

── IN WHICH DIAGON ALLEY AWAITS

. . .

Rosie had pulled out a book after her description of the events of the past few days, detailing from what else she had done to help the growing Weasley Wizard Wheezes business, to how Harry had arrived, and what explanations had joined his arrival.

She had started with saying the words allowed, but her voice had faded into a murmur, eyes skimming across the words as the hours passed. She looked up as the door opened, and Healer Strout walked in, holding a steaming mug and a plate.

"I brought you one of those cherry scones you recommended to the Longbottoms." Miriam said, placing the cup and plate down on the small table beside the armchair in which Rosie was said. "Speaking of the Longbottoms, Neville is waiting outside looking rather nervous, wants to have a word with you about something."

"Me? Oh, okay." Rosie folded the top corner of her page, uncrossing her legs and standing up, crossing the room within seconds and out of the door. "Neville, hey, how can I help."

"Oh.. Rosie - did Healer Strout mention me?" The Longbottom boy asked, looking rather nervous. At Rosie's nod, he continued; "Well.. I know you're friends with a lot of people, and I would really appreciate it if you don't tell people that you saw me here."

"Of course, I suppose I can say the same. Not even half the healers know why I visit. I've pretended to be visiting Lockhart for weeks." Rosie smiled, her mind not even wandering to ask why Neville was asking her this.

"Is.. Is um.." Neville lowered his voice. "Is Cedric here? In there?" He asked. Rosie nodded once more, a soft smile on her face. "Is he doing okay?"

"No changes, still in a bloody coma." The situation wasn't something to laugh at, but Rosie was making light of the situation, still grinning at him. "But he's alive and breathing, which is more than anyone could ask for."

"I'm here for my Mum and Dad." Neville said suddenly, and Rosie's breath halted, drawing in. Everyone knew the horrors that had been committed against Frank and Alice Longbottom and it was a truly terrifying story. "They're in the Janus Thickey Ward." 

"Oh Neville." Rosie smiled, but it didn't have the same element to it as before, holding more warmth to it than anything. "How are they?"

"They're doing good.. Mum gave me another chewing gum wrapper." Neville's smile was bright as he held it up. "I have a collection at home, a little chest of them." 

Somehow, ten minutes later, the two teens were sat on the corridor floor, legs stretched out and their backs against the walls. Rosie had then proceeded to tell him about her potion bottles collection, and even told him just what had helped Cedric remained alive. 

"Mermaid tears.. I could use some of them. My Great-Uncle Algie got me a few plants for my birthday and one of them keeps scratching me." He held up his arm, a few scratches visible up and down them.

"Oh!" Rosie exclaimed. "I have some balm for that - you're not allergic to anything, are you?" Nevillie shook his head and she scrambled up, disappearing into the room for a moment, recieving a short questioning from Mariam before returning to Neville, bag by her side as she sat back down. "Here." She held out the tub. 

"You made this?" Neville asked, Rosie nodding and unscrewing the lid, letting him apply some. "Thank you so much. You're really good at Potions - I can't believe Snape actually likes you."

"I've heard about your Potions incidents." Rosie mused and Neville blushed. "I can help tutor you if you want - if that's alright with you. We can organise it when we go back to Hogwarts, figure out times and what you know and everything." 

Neville agreed, and the both of them ended up jumping out of their skin as the door swung open. "Rosie, Neville, are you planning on sitting there all afternoon - I think your grandmother is waiting." Mariam stood above them.

Neville's head shot towards the end of the corridor, getting up as he saw Augusta Longbottom waiting. "Thank you Rosie - and I promise not to tell." He smiled.

"And I won't tell either." Rosie replied. "Oh - and I'll start planning for our lessons. You're interested in Herbology right?" Neville nodded. "Perfect, I know a lot about ingredients and I think you'll like learning about some of them."

And with that, Neville returned to his grandmother, looking much less nervous and Rosie returned into Cedric's room to say her goodbyes, realising with a grin that Healer Strout had eaten her scone. 

A few minutes later and she would leave the room once again, apparating to the Leaky Cauldron and hoping that next time she visited St. Mungo's, there would be some form of change.