Obsessions Part 68

You and Kirari walked the city streets. She was clinging onto your arm as she looked around. Her face emitted a different kind of charm under the light of the night.

"How long are we going to walk? I'm tired Y/n." She said.

"We left the car no more than five minutes ago, Kirari."

She sighed. Her head fell on your shoulders, she acted exhausted.

"Were close." You told her.

"We didn't need this. I would be pleased to spend time with you at home. We could laze around with just us two."

"We could do it the rest of our lives, Kirari. Our friends invited us tonight, we couldn't let them down, could we?"

"We could. I don't care."

"Don't be like that."

The two of you arrived at a crowded store. You saw Yumeko waving at you at a table along with the others.

"It's so hot," Kirari complained as you both took your places.

"It's a barbeque place. Of course, it is." Mary commented.

"Did I ask for your opinion?"

"You!"

Ririka pulled Mary back down when the latter threatened her twin with a punch.

"Do you solve everything with brute force?" Kirari smirked at her.

"Kirari, stop teasing her." You said.

"We came here to have fun, I'm only having fun." She answered. "Her face is amusing, right Sachiko?"

"Yes, very amusing indeed," Sachiko answered.

Ririka's arms automatically wrapped around Mary protectively.

"Are they dating?" You whispered to Kirari.

"I have no idea." She answered. "I never asked since I'm not interested."

"She's your sister, you know."

"She can do whatever she wishes. I don't have to know everything. She'll say it if she wants to talk about it. Anyway, who's the kid?"

Kirari pointed out at a short girl who was arguing with Sayaka.

"That's my new secretary. Tsumugi Hanatemari."

"Hanatemari..."

"Mhm. Does it ring a bell?"

"Why don't you ask that violent goldilocks?"

"Maybe I will... Later."

You noticed Runa and Midari were also there. They were talking to themselves again, like what they always do at the council. Probably making fun of someone else. On the other side, Yumemi, Itsuki, and Ryota were also having a bond.

"What are you smiling for?" Kirari asked you.

"Hm? I just can't believe we're all here like this. So many things happened this year leading to all of us being friends. Of course, you're the best thing I got."

"Of course I am," Kirari said proudly.

"How's the university?" You asked her.

"Boring. Hurry up and graduate. Follow me."

"This school year has just begun, Kirari. Plus, what if I have other plans? What if I wanna enter another institute? Will you be angry at me?"

"No." She answered shortly.