Obsessions Part 75

"Ma, Pa, I'm home."

An elderly couple looked up from their seats. They were watching a television drama when you and Mary arrived. She lived in a simple home, not that huge but not small either. Sometimes, you forget that Mary came from a not-so-wealthy family when you're with her. She radiates the aura of strength and fortune. Or maybe that's only because of her egotistical nature.

'But she does amass a lot through gambling. Doesn't that put her in the well-off class?' You thought.

"Welcome home, dear. You brought a friend with you?"

Her mother quickly ran to your side to examine you. You can also feel the stare his father was giving you. It's kind of unnerving.

"Ma, we're going to my room. Don't disturb us."

"Wait." The woman dragged her daughter to the side and they talked in hushed whispers.

"What is it?" Mary asked.

"Where did you find this girl?" Her mother mumbled in her ear. "Her clothes look cheap. She doesn't even wear any accessories. I told you to befriend the wealthy ones, didn't I? She might be onto the money you're earning through gambling. Don't let her take advantage of you."

"Stop it, Ma. Y/n is the president of the academy."

"She is? Then, she's rich, right?"

"That doesn't matter. Treat her well, whatever her status is. Because she's the one I'm in love with."

"What!? Mary!"

Mary ignored her mother's calls as she pulled you away. When you reached her room, she locked it immediately.

"Is something wrong?" You asked as you wander into her room.

"No." She said. Her eyes were trained on the floor and a blush crept up her cheeks.

"Mary. This is so dangerous."

"What is?"

"Us. Being locked up like this in your room."

"I don't mind."

"Mary-"

Her body crashed into yours and you both fell on the bed. Her face was buried on your chest.

"Y/n." You heard her mutter.

Not a word slipped on your mouth. You failed to think of any excuse to move away. You didn't want to. What your body was telling you at this moment was to grasp this girl atop you. And that's what you did. Your hands moved on their own as you shifted sideways, letting her fall beside you on the bed. The two of you held each other in silence for a few minutes.

"Y/n," Mary spoke, breaking the silence. "What's weighing you down? What's on your mind lately?"

"A lot."

"Being president sure took a toll on you. Do know that I'll support you all the way, though."

"Thank you. You're always on my side however idiotic my views are."

"You always pull through in the end."

"Mhm. There's also something else occupying my mind other than the presidency." You admitted.

"Is it Kirari? You mentioned earlier that she's become busier."

"She is. She barely had any time at home. I understand though. She was the one managing most of the clan's affairs. She would complain to me about it every now and then but she still does her best. She doesn't even ask us for help."