Obsessions Part 14

"You think I'm the danger? No Mary. You... are the danger. As long as you're near (Y/n), her life would be ruined. Just like your friend."

"What do you mean? What are you talking about!?"

Mary grabbed Kirari's collar. Her eyes flaring with anger. Kirari just chuckled at her. She then grabbed Mary's hand and pushed her on the sofa.

"Let me ask you something. What do you think of Ririka?"

"I think she's much better than you. She's shy at first but I can see she had it in her to be your equal in gambling. Maybe she could even defeat you." Mary answered smugly.

"I see. What else? What do you feel about her? What is she to you?"

"I don't know where you're going with this. But if you really want to know, she's a friend. A friend I could trust."

"How about her behavior? How does she act towards you?"

"As I said, she's a shy girl. Very soft. Easily embarrassed and would not even dare to hurt a fly."

"Hm.hm." Kirari tapped her chin as if she was thinking. "I remember you were hanging out with someone before. What was her name again? Tsuzura? You two we're very close weren't you? Too bad she isn't here anymore."

"Oh yeah. Thanks to you." Mary gritted her teeth in anger.

"Me? I didn't do anything to her. Don't give me all the credits."

"Liar. You and your pet system destroyed her life. You pushed her to the brim and forced her to live a life under your rule. It was all because of you she had to marry an old bag and be forced to suffer all her life!"

Kirari sighed. "You know nothing Mary. I am only a front. If you think everything is under my rule, you got it all wrong. I'm not the one pulling the strings here. You think I'm free to do what I want? No. I am tied by this position I'm in. (Y/n) is the only choice I've made for myself and I'm not letting anybody take her from me. Not you, not Jabami, and especially not Ririka."

"I don't get what you're saying. You're spouting nonsense."

"Listen here." She grabbed Mary's chin and leaned down to look into her eyes. "I'll repeat it slowly so your little brain would understand. It... wasn't... me. Don't you still get it? They were in danger because of you. Because Ririka is in love with you. No. She is obsessed with you."

"What? That can't be.. But she said.."

"She liked (Y/n)? That was just a plot to make her stay away from you. It started at the beach. She heard (Y/n) talking to you. I had to step in to stop whatever (Y/n)'s planning to do with you. Ririka shouldn't see something like that. Now I ask you one last time. Stay... away.. from her. Ririka is not the softhearted and fragile girl you think she is. She'll do anything to get what she wants. She'll eliminate whoever's in her way without batting an eyelash. I'm telling you now, that mask is there for a reason. Don't you see? Her real face is the real mask. You should understand it by now."

Kirari moved away. Mary was dumbfounded. It was like life was sucked out of her. She can't believe what she heard. The Ririka she knew wouldn't do that, right? Then she remembered something and suddenly stood up.

"Hey, tell me. What would you think she would do to (Y/n) right about now?" Mary asked.

"Hm? Why do you ask?"

"Suzui said they left the meeting room together."

--------

You felt drowsy. Everything around you seemed to be moving on it's own. There was a girl on top of you. Who is she again? You can't remember. Her face was blurry but you can see her smiling at you so you smiled back.

"Are you an angel?" you asked her.

"Do I look like one to you?" her sweet voice echoed in your ear.

"Yeah."

"Looks like it's taking effect. If you're wondering why you feel like that, it's because of a little gift I slipped in your mouth while kissing you. Do you feel good?" she asked.

"Yes. Very good." you said.

She took out her phone and called someone.

"Hello?" someone answered from the other line.

"I found you a bride. I think you'll really love her. I'll do the paperworks later so prepare your side of the deal." she hung up.

"Bride? Who's getting married?" you asked.

"You. I'll save you from this hell. If you sign the paper I will give you, you would be able to escape." she cooed.

Her sweet voice was melting you. You feel so lightheaded. It feels like you were in cloud nine.

"Escape? Why would I escape? Am I in hell? But you're an angel right?"

"Yes I am. And I'm here to save you." she started unbuttoning the rest of your uniform.

"Wait. I remember your voice. I've heard that before."

She took a photo of you then hid her phone. She then leaned down to face you.

"Ah." you uttered. "You are... my angel.. Kirari."

You pulled her down and kissed her. She didn't fight you back. Your eyes started to moisten and later on you were already crying.

"I'm sorry." you said. "You were so good to me. I'll do anything for you. Just tell me how I could pay you back."

Ririka looked at you with disdain in her eyes.

"Then.. get lost." she said.

"Okay.." you whispered.

------

"Are you sure they're here?" Mary asked.

"Yes. This is the only place Ririka would go to." Kirari answered.

"It won't open!" Sayaka said. She was fiddling with the door knob and tried a lot of keys already.

"Argh. Get out of the way!"

Mary stepped back. Sayaka moved away just in time when Mary kicked the door open.

"What a strong leg you have." Kirari mused.

"This is not the time to be amazed!" Mary hurriedly went inside followed by the others.

------

I'm just gonna be here looking at you like this..