Obsessions Part 72

Another month of peace had passed. Having Sayaka as the vice president proved to be a good choice. She had done most of the work perfectly together with Tsumugi. They would have been a perfect duo, less the arguing.

In the meantime, you were accepting challenges here and there from some of the most competent students of Hyakkaou. With Karin's strict training, you crashed them. You pretty much learned all her tricks in such a short time. All you have to do now is practice until you get it perfect.

"What's on your mind, Y/n?" Yumeko asked.

She insisted on giving you a massage after one of your matches. She liked watching you gamble. Sometimes to the point of provoking your enemies to bet more than what was agreed. Just the usual Yumeko. Enjoying the thrill of risk.

"Yumeko. Wanna gamble?" You asked.

Her hands instantly stopped moving. She quickly scampered in front of you, her eyes shining with excitement.

"Did I hear it right?" She asked, her voice a little giddier than usual. "Of course. I always want to gamble with you. Which is it? Your coin? Cards? Dice? Anything, Y/n!"

"Rock-paper-scissors."

"Okay!"

'Wow. She didn't even complain.' You thought.

"What are we betting then?"

"Hm. I don't know. What do you want?"

"I want Y/n to break up with Kirari." She said with a smile.

"Okay. If you lose, you have to teach me all your tricks."

"That was lame. I would bet my body, Y/n." She said.

"No, thank you. If you don't like my conditions, then we won't play."

Yumeko moped.

"Fine." She said.

"Alright. Let's play only one round since I have a lot of things to do."

Both of you got into positions. Your fists connected. At the signal, you both raised them. Her red eyes glowed as she stared at you, and your orbs locked at hers. Before you completely showed your hands, your surroundings slowed.

'Got you.'

Everything went back to normal. Yumeko had two of her fingers opened while you had everything closed. You glanced at her face. She wasn't the least bit disappointed. Instead, she was grinning and showed you her fingers. They were gestured like she was cutting towards you.

"What are you doing?" You asked.

"Scissoring."

"..."

"Two people could do it, you know."

"You know what? Nevermind. I'll ask someone else to teach me."

You stood up to leave but Yumeko stopped you.

"You're so not fun." She said. "Let's go and find your next opponent. I'll be your mentor."

She dragged you towards the gambling dens. She would look inside each then leave abruptly.

"What are you looking for?" You asked.

"The perfect opponent for you."

She scanned another room and beamed. She pushed you on a table and was faced with someone familiar.

"Suzui-san!" Yumeko called. "Please gamble with Y/n."

"Eh!?" Both you and Ryota exclaimed.

"Why me!?"