Chapter 86

"Well" Adam started, "right now he's in custody and will be having a psych evaluation or two. Depending on if he's deemed competent or how he pleads will determine what happens to him after that. If he pleads guilty then Samantha won't have to testify. That's what we're hoping for." He took a breath "Sam though is actually more worried about him than herself. I'm so angry for her but I get it, kind of. The good news is that she won't have to see him; I've made sure of that. She's too kind and I don't want her to be manipulated by that son of a bitch. Tomorrow morning she will have to go in and make a statement and I won't be able to go in with her but one of my co-workers will and I know that they will look after her."

Keith sat back and considered Adam "You're sitting there pretty calm but I can tell that you're furious" Adam cut a quick glance to his mom before answering "I'm so fucking mad. I'm sorry, Mom, I know that you don't like the language but when I think about what could have happened to her if I hadn't asked Jamie to drop something off." His voice trailed off and he swallowed. "Moore may be fine today now that he's probably medicated but yesterday he was not in control and he hurt her, intending to hurt her worse. I'm trying to get past it for her sake but I can't help feeling this anger"