chapter 20

Silvia's POV

I got a 911 from the hospital. I think somethin is wrong with Summer.

When the elevator door opened at the floor that Summer's room is, I saw Taylor standing outside the room. She was in shock and she was crying.

I picked in the room and saw that her heart had stopped. They were trying to revive her. Max, my friend was here so I couldn't do much in there.

But I could do out of the room. Taylor needs help right now. So I went behind her and placed my hands around her chest to make her feel secure and comfort.

"Taylor, I need you to breathe with me ok? Let's go! In... and out. In... and out. Inhale through your nose  exhale through the mouth..."

We did this for a couple of minutes until she was calm.

"Are you ok now sweetie?" I asked her. she nod her head and thanked me. She sat in a chair out of the room. I knelt in front of her placing my hands on her knees.

"Can you tell me what happened?" I asked her.

"She... she talked to me." She said looking in my eyes.

She WHAT? How did she...?

"Are you sure about that? It could be your imagination playing tricks. "

"No, I know what happened... She talked to me, she called me Alex and then her heart  stopped."

She called her Alex...

Oh my god. I have to call Alex.

"Doctor Black!" Max called me.

"I will be right there. Just a second." I told her and turn my attention back to Taylor. "Look, I want you to call your mom and tell her that you need her here. Don't tell her anything about your mama. Try to sound as calm as possible. Don't make her worried, we don't want her to get hurt or hurt someone trying to get here... Ok?" I told Taylor. She nod her head.

I went near Max."What the hell happened?" I asked.

"Her heart stopped..." She paused. Oh No! Please don't tell me she is gone. She can't be "...but we manage to revive her." I relaxed.

Wait. If she is alive then, Why doesn't she look that happy? "What's wrong? Why aren't you happy?"

"As a doctor I am happy that she is alive. But as your friend...?" What is she trying to say? Why would I be bothered that she is alive. This is what I wanted all this time. "As your friend I have to tell you that she is not only alive but... she is also responsive."

Responsive? "Wait, she is awake?" I asked full of sock.

"Yes, she is with the neurosurgeon now to make sure that everything is ok."

"Does she know about the situation?"

"No, I thought I should talk to you first. You are her doctor,  you are supposed to tell her but if you don't want to I can..." I cut her before she could finish.

"No, I will talk to her. What I want from you is to look after Taylor and talk to Alex when she gets here." I said and made my way towards the room.

How am I supposed to tell her that she lost ten years of her life, of her children lives because of a drunk idiot.

I got in and watch her sitting on her bed talking with the doctor. Smiling.

God, she really is beautiful. She was beautiful before, now that she is full of life, she is ten times more beautiful.

How can I compete with her?

Come on Silvia, game face on. I said inside my head. I put a smile on my face.

"Hi, I am doctor Black. How are you feelling?"

"I am feeling good, a little light headed and weak but good. What happened?" She asked. Her voice is angelic. Even though it's a raspy,  it still has a calming tone.

"Well, you were on a motorcycle accident." I told her.

She immediately got worried. "Oh my god, Is Alex..?"

"Al...Mrs Dane is fine. She is on her way. But before you see her we need to talk about something first."

"Are you sure she is not here? I think I saw her earlier..." she said pointing at the door.

"I know, this is what I want to talk to you about." By now it was just the two of us in the room. I sat near her bed. "Mrs Dane, because of your injuries you were in a coma for some time."

"Some time? How much time?" She asked worriedly.

"You were in a coma for years actually.  This is why some people  might be different that you remember  them. Older."

"How long?" She asked with a steady voice full of authority and power.

"Almost ten years..." I said. She was shocked by the news.

"Wh-What? No! I can't be, my kids they... they are not kids anymore." She said and tears were running  down her cheeks.

"The person you saw before, it was actually your daughter. Taylor."

She was trying to contain her tears but with no success. I gave her a tissue.

"Thank you" she said taking it.

"I am really sorry." I said. "I have to examine you to make sure everything is fine."

I was doing the necessary tests and everything seemed fine. More than in  a normal case or any other case I have ever seen.

Then, someone knocked on the door and opened it. It was Alex.

Alex's POV

Taylor called me and told me to come in the hospital. She told me not to worry but hurry up.

Well, clearly something is up so I am, for sure, going to be worried.

I tried to call Silvia but she isn't picking up. This is not a good sign.

When I was out of the room I saw Taylor and a doctor.

When Taylor saw me she run to hug me. She was crying.

Pff. I knew I shouldn't have hope. This pain, this void in my chest is... unbearable. But I have to be strong for my girls. They need me now more than ever.

"Hey, Taylor. It's ok. We knew this was going to happen. We did the best we could. It's ok."

"Mom it's not that. These are happy tears." Happy tears?

"Mrs Dane, your wife..." the doctor talked to me about a new treatment and some stuff and then... wait what? She is what?

"So, she is awake?" I asked starting to breathe more heavily. "How-How did this happened?" I asked.

"Its a miracle" the doctor said.

I made my way towards the door and stopped before I do anything. I took a deep breath and knocked on the door. I got in before anyone answered me...

Author's note

So this happened.

What do you want to happen between Alex, Summer and Silvia?