chapter 22

Alex's POV

I woke up in heaven. She is finally here with me. My baby girl is sleeping in my arms and I can't believe it's true.

Even though the bed is really small for two people and she had to practically sleep on top of me, I couldn't sleep better. I missed this so much. I missed her.

The thing is, I woke up thirty minutes ago but she sleeps so peacefully that I don't want to wake her up by moving.

I also have to pee.

After about ten more minutes, someone opened the door.

It was Silvia. She got in while she was looking at some papers. When she looked up and saw us like this it was like someone hit her but she covered it up with a smile. A too fake smile for my liking.

"I am sorry, I will come back later." She said and left.

"Silvia wait." She didn't. I picked Summer up and placed her on the bed as gently as I could so she won't wake up.

When I got up. She was nowhere to be found. I sighed.

How did I end up in this mess. Whatever I do someone is going to get hurt and I don't want that. I can't leave my wife. She is the mother of my children, she is the love of my life. I will always love her so much and I can't leave without her. But Silvia, I am in love with her. She helped me when I was in a bad place. She gave me the strength to continue. To keep fighting. I love them both. I am in love with both. How am I supposed to choose?

This was not the way I imagined the situation when Summer would wake up.

I looked at my watch and it was 8. I decided to call Mary to tell her that I am not going to work today.

I dialled her personal number and waited for her to pick up.

"Hello?" She answered.

"Hi Mary. Goodmorning." I said.

"Alex? Aren't you supposed to be here? Did something happened? Are you ok?" She asked worried?

"Something did happened. But I am fine. More than fine actually."

"What happened? Don't tell me you are not coming in to be with your girlfriend. You know we are friends but Summer is..."

"Awake" I interrupted her.

"I am sorry what?" She asked with disbelief.

"Mary... Summer woke up! Well she is sleeping now but she is awake. You know what I mean." I said

"Alex, i swear to God if you are messing with me right now..." she said warning me.

"I am not. She woke up yesterday. So as you can imagine I won't be coming in today. And I might come and take the girls too."

"Oh my God, oh my God oh my God." She screamed happily making me laugh. "You take care of my best friend don't worry about work. I will handle everything. I will call Kate to tell her the news." She said and closed the phone on my face.

Well that happened.

"Who were you talking to?" My wife's raspy voice filled the room.

"Mary. She is crazy happy about you waking up." I told her and went for my morning kiss

"Hmm, and I thought that you had a mistress." She said and kissed me again.

I froze. Well, this is the moment to talk about it.

"Well, I wanted to..."

"GOOD MORNING LOVEBIRDS" Sara screamed from the door. "Hey dickhead, leave my sister alone. It's my turn now." She said pushing me away from her making me and my wife laugh. She hugged her sister.

"I missed you so much little sis." She said squeezing her.

"I missed you to but... I can't- breathe." Summer tried to say.

"Ok, ok that's enough. Don't kill her after all of this." Said pushing her away from her.

"Don't tell me what to do with my sister" she said pushing me a little.

"I will tell you what to bo with my wife." I told her and pushed her a little two.

"That's enough you two. After all this years and you are still fighting like little kids." She said mad

"Look what you did. Now she is mad." I said to Sara.

"I did? You did.. "

"HEY. I said stop now." Summer said and we both shut up immediately.

"She is still scary as shit." Sara whispered to me.

"I heard that." Summer said.

I couldn't keep my laugh anymore. After a while we were all laughing.

"It was about time you wake up." Sara said smiling at her sister and Summer smiled back.

Not even a minute later Silvia came back.

"Good morning everyone. Mrs Dane how are you feeling today?"

"I feel good. A little weak but fine. It would be better if those two weren't fighting over my head all the time." Summer said.

Silvia chuckled and looked at me then immediately back at Summer.

"Could you two give us a moment? I need to examine her." She told us but she was looking at Sara.

"Yeah, sure. Do your work we are going to take some coffee." Sara said and pushed me out of the room before I could even say a thing.

"What the hell?" I asked her.

"Bitch. You didn't tell your wife about your girlfriend?" She asked and smacked the back of my head.

"Ouch! First of all don't hit me you idiot! And second, I was going to but then you interrupted me. Asshole." I told her rubbing the back of my head. It hurts.

"You have to tell her, and you have to tell her fast." She said.

"Yeah, I know. I will but I want to wait for the right moment. I can't just go in and tell her that. And on the other hand Silvia is avoiding me. I have to talk with her too."

"You haven't talk with her either? What the fuck are you waiting for? Someone else to tell them?" She said.

"Chill out, will you. I said I will. Besides, no one hates me enough and is also crazy enough to tell Summer. Not even Kate who doesn't like Silvia." I said to her.

When she heard me she got a little nervous and scratched the back of her neck. "About that..."

"What?" I asked disappointed because I could see where she was going.

"Well, he called me yesterday night. I was so excited I could not, not tell him. He might be an asshole but he deserves to know." She said

"I know, he does." I paused and took a deep breath to calm my anxiety. "Let's just hope that he won't come too early." I said

She nodded her head but the she froze. "Well, about that..." she said again and nodded behind me.

When I turned around I knew it was over for me.

Author's note

Hi guys! I hope you like the story.
Please leave a like and comment to support me. It means a lot.

Also, be safe and take care of yourselves. If you need someone to talk I will be there.

How do you think Summer will react? What about Silvia?