𝓓𝓲'𝓼 𝓛𝓾𝓵𝓵𝓪𝓫𝔂

(A/n: Please listen to the above mentioned song sung by Janet Suhh ~ In Silence from Its Okay to Not be Okay)

Xiao Xian's POV:

It had been almost a week since I last saw Di and my heart knew the end was nearing. But my fear was confirmed today morning when Ms. James walked out of Di's room and her eyes were heavy with tangent regret.

"How's he?"

Everytime I met Ms. James, this would be my standard question. Normally her answer would be "He's surving", but today her answer shook my core, "Mr. Xiao, it's best to be prepared."

I was unable to take the pain but my soul had to.

"I need to inform the hospital."

As she left I saw Miracle who was always sleeping outside Di's room suddenly stood up wagging his tail. As for Wolf he was ever present by my side. It was then I realised that Di was calling my name, sprinting into his room I inwardly gasp at the sight in front of me. He had changed. He wasn't the Jun-ah we knew and saw. He was now just the shell of a man we all once knew but his smile was ever same.

"Ge..."

Crouching in front of him I muster a smile, "Hey!"

There was this flare in his eyes which made me foresee that this were some last fleeting moments between us.

"Ge, long back you promised to feed me your Apple pie. Can I have some?"

"Sure. Definitely." I stand to leave when he caught hold of my hand and smiled, "Can you take me to your music room? I wish to play a song on your piano for old times sake."

He wasn't able to walk and so I once again picked him up in my arms. His breaths were so feeble, frail and almost non-existent.

Carefully placing him on the piano bench, draping a blanket on Di, I open the windows which faced the vast expanse of the mountain he loved where once we hiked.

Traversing back to the kitchen I start preparing the apple pie when my ears perked up at the faint sound of music. He was playing our song, 'Knight in Shadows.'

Unable to stop my tears I let them fall freely for once I go back to that room I won't be able to cry.

The ding of the oven let me know that his apple pie was ready.

Picking it up carefully I walk into the music room to see his body bent over the piano. He was right in not allowing me to see him. This was not the Jun-ah I wished to remember. He is my Di.