BLISS (25)

JUST GOT A BREAK FROM MY UNI SO EXPECT MORE CHAPTERS SOON! YAY! ALSO, SOMEONE TELL ME HOW TO GET AN INTERNSHIP SO I DON'T WASTE AWAY MY BREAK :( ANYWAYS I HOPE YOU LIKE THIS ONE. PERSONALLY, I'M BEGINNING TO FALL FOR MARCIO MYSELF, I IMAGINE HIM TO LOOK SOMEWHAT LIKE PAUL FROM LANY - THE BAND, LOOK IT UP FOR REFERENCE (ALSO HE'S THE ONE IN THE MUSIC VIDEO UP TOP, HE'S JUST SO CUTE) BUT Y'ALL CAN GO WITH WHATEVER YOU LIKE BEST GIVEN THE FEATURES I'VE DEPICTED FOR HIM.

His hand gently grasped the small of her back as she leaned into him. The course sand tickled her toe as the very tip of her heel was lapped at by the ever-nearing waves from the vast sea in front of them.  

Marcio's viridescent eyes had her mesmerised as they both began swaying back and forth gently, the sound of the crashing waves lulling their soft music. She smiled and shifted her hands against his chest as he moved back so that both their feet were submerged in the cool water. His free hand moved almost of its own accord to push back an errant curl that hung in front of her face behind her ear, in a manner almost foreign to him. This level of tender and loving actions were a first in his life, he hadn't indulged in such frivolous declarations of ones caring since he was a child. 

His forehead leaned down to rest against hers and both their eyes shut instantly, savouring the moment. "Thank you for bringing me here," she murmured snuggling further into him.

"I could tell you were beginning to feel suffocated in there," his low husky tone reverberated within her eardrums sending a jolt through her rapidly heating body. 

She could feel herself being pulled into his orbit even further and it was dangerous. Her involvement with an older man was what alienated her from her parents and led her down the path to an incredibly toxic relationship she was still not fully over. 

With incredible strength, she didn't think she possessed she pushed her body off of his and moved back several steps. His curious stare burned into her as she swallowed audibly. "I can't - I can't give you what you want," she rushed out, her heart beating erratically.

His head tilted to the side in an adorably endearing fashion, "And what do I want?" he retorted. 

She didn't think it was possible but her heart began beating faster, tattooing a rapid pattern in her chest. "... Unless I'm wrong, you want to be with me..." she trailed, a blush promulgating on her cheeks due to the admission. 

An amused smile lit up his handsome visage. "Nah, you're not wrong love. I do want you," he validated her. 

A smile of her own crept up her face and she shook her head purging herself of the strong urge to giggle. Composing herself she began speaking the next few words with a ginger sigh, " But we can't, I have been through a rough patch with Alexander, I lost myself with him, I lost my family and even my friends so I can't. Not right now, I have just begun mending those bridges and finding myself again and I think that's what I need to focus on," she spilt out in one breath. 

Instead of the fiery anger, she had expected or alternatively the stringent disappointment, a sort of pensive look overcame his masculine features. "You have what four years till you complete your bachelor right?" he asked to which she replied with a single nod of assent " I'm certain I'll be here quite a bit due to my new branch and perhaps we'll see each other when I'm down here... as friends of course until you've figured out everything and maybe if we're both still interested when the time comes we give it a shot?" his suggestion left hanging in the thick air between the two. 

She bit her lip, holding the dire urge to giggle at his most adorable suggestion down. "I think I'd like that," she muttered. 

His hand reached out, palm turned outward. A subtle sort of happy glint in his eyes as he cocked his head to the side waiting for her to grab it. She shook her head and a short laugh of sheer giddiness escaped her throat as she grabbed his significantly larger and warmer hand. 

He tugged her close and began swaying them both to the crashing of the waves once again. 

8------------------------------------------8

(A WEEK LATER)

The frozen margarita in her hands had begun to melt, leaving a blue hue liquid in its wake but her attention was solely reserved for the man in front of her who was regaling her with tales from the earlier days of his business. A proud shine took over his eyes as he recalled the intricacies of the various tasks he had undertaken all by himself to build his empire up from scratch. Olivia couldn't help but draw a comparison between Marcio and Alexander, where one had everything handed to him on a silver platter yet still had an indescribable bitter edge versus the other who had done everything on his own, through the sheer will of his hard work and had the most carefree and happy aura mantling him. 

Olivia couldn't help her curiosity and met his forest-green eyes with a gentle tilt of her face, "what was your childhood like?" she asked.

An abrupt shift from the lighthearted ambience to one filled with tension settled around the booth they had occupied. His open eyes suddenly became guarded and his jaw clenched as if he was holding himself back from something dark. "I don't like discussing that part of my life," he bit out eventually.

Immediately recognizing her mistake she began "I'm so sorry for overstepping my bounds, I didn't mean-" 

"It's fine. Don't worry about it, It's just that it wasn't... let's just say it wasn't the most pleasant," he cut her off. A slow smile eventually took over his full lips. 

Olivia's heart clenched at the thought of young Marcio having to go through something unpleasant all the while being helpless, it left her wanting to envelop the older man in a soothing embrace but she held herself back solely due to the fact that they were just friends, a fact she had to remind herself of sternly. It took only a few more minutes before they got back into their previous groove, the awkward incident was all but forgotten but the morbid curiosity that Olivia had inadvertently cultivated still remained.