THE RETURN (19)

Hazel against aqua-blue, hard against soft, soft moans against guttural groans. It was a beautiful mix of pleasure and pain; pain from her weak mind because she gave in yet again without a single protest unless the soft whine when his lips met hers counted for something, pleasure, well isn't it obvious? It was all pleasure despite the pain. 

As she stared into his eyes, both breathing heavily, her back against his bed, she couldn't help but go a few hours back when she came across the very man she had decided to ignore for a few days of clarity. That's clarity out the window for you!  

She had been having a rather uneventful day after the coffee date with her friends and the inadvertent meeting with Marcio. She was laying in her bed, listening to a low-fi melody that reverberated through the mediocre space of her purple-tinted room. A light lavender scent of the new air freshener her mum had begun using wafted within the expanse. Overall, a soothing and sort of poignant atmosphere had engulfed her as she began the dreaded contemplation of her future with Alexander. It had been approximately fifteen minutes or so in her pensive reflection when her phone began ringing, flipping it up from the bed she let out a pained grunt; it was him again. She was about to put the phone back down when a 'ping' from her message alerted her, she pulled the notification bar down to see in clear bold letters 'I am waiting outside your house 

Her body jolted, and a shiver ran down her spine. He was here.  She swallowed the excitement that bubbled within her chest; he was dangerous! She wasn't supposed to feel this way towards someone so impulsive, crazy, violent, powerful, intense, amazing, beautiful, awe-inspiring, loving and ... and perfect despite his flaws. 

With an extreme awareness of her surroundings, she ambled towards her window and to her unfortunate delight, a familiar, slick black BMW was parked across the street. Taking a deep breath she assessed her outfit, it was a cool evening so she had on a rather old hoodie with knee-length shorts and embarrassingly brash pink socks but she couldn't bring herself to spend another minute apart from him knowing he was only a few feet away. With her mind made up, she slipped on her slides and made her way down, scanning the area for her parents and seeing no evidence of their presence in the house concluding that they had perhaps gone out for a coffee date. Deducing that she made her way out in an apparently cool facade. 

She was cool, calm and collected; well she was until Alexander's imposing figure stepped out of the car. Her stride froze, arms clenched at her sides in an attempt to stop herself from flinging towards him and settling in his warm embrace. 

His hands lifted as his eyes bore into hers and she found her resolve to crumble, becoming powerless she stumbled forward into his arms. She could feel his hands clutching her waist, tightening every passing second as if somehow afraid that she'd disappear. "Don't," he uttered as she began pulling away to look at him but she fought through his command and looked up to see misty blue eyes staring back at her with a slight grimace on his beautifully sculpted face; not quite crying but somewhere close. 

"I thought I lost you, " he whispered as he leaned his forehead against hers. She let out a whimper as the very real thought of her having to say goodbye to him hit her. She pulled away.

With a reluctant sigh, she reigned in her tears. "You did Xander, we need to stop. The way you behaved the other night, it was, it was scary. I was scared of you Xander and I-I love you but I don't feel safe with you anymore..." she began but was interrupted as Alexander surged forward and lifted her into his arms.

"You still love me even after all of that?" was all he asked.

Olivia closed her eyes but nodded in affirmation. It was the truth; in their almost four-month relationship of sorts, she had gathered as much. She would love him regardless of his glaring character flaws or even the fact that he was married; she wanted him to know that because this might as well have been the last time she'd see him.

"I love you too mon amour, more than you can imagine so I need you to listen to me clearly because I am saying this only once, we aren't to ever be apart. I promise to work on my temper but I need you there to fulfil this; If you leave I'd destroy every fucking thing that means the slightest to me because I need you to understand that without you it all means nothing." he declared with a certain conviction that had her quivering with a dire need for him.

And that's how they eventually ended up in bed, tangled limbs and batted breath. Her head rested on his broad chest as his arms wrapped around her midsection and lovingly caressed her bare stomach. His heartbeat began lulling her into a gentle sleep, she was almost out when his gruff tone jolted her awake.

"I hope you realize there's no going back from here," he articulated with a low growl, pulling her closer. Her eyes widened as that statement lingered in the air. 

Gingerly, she looked up at his brooding visage, "what do you mean?" 

"I mean what I mean. You're mine, Livy, I won't let you go. Not ever," 

Her heart hammered within her chest due to the intensity of his words, she knew she should have been afraid, no, terrified but all she felt at that moment was an overwhelming surge of love for him and so she snuggled further into his chest, knowing in the back of her head that perhaps she shouldn't have given in so easily. 

"I don't ever want you to let me go," she whispered into his embrace.