THE REUNION (21)

HEY GUYS IK IT'S BEEN A WHILE BUT I'VE JUST BEEN DEALING WITH SOME PERSONAL STUFF THAT'S BEEN BRINGING ME DOWN QUITE A BIT. I HOPE YA'LL ENJOY THIS UPDATE THO. UM YA IG THANKS TO ALL MY READERS FOR ALWAYS BEING HERE FOR ME.

Melbourne was hot. It was always hot. It had been a week since she'd all been shipped off to the familiar yet unfamiliar land and she was sick of it but being there had made her have an epiphany of sorts. The image of her sobbing mother had haunted her for days after her arrival and the way her father had acted coldly towards her when dropping her off at the airport had hurt her on another level of the emotional pain she had never experienced before. She knew she loved Xander and he loved her but was their love justified when so many were hurt in the process? As she lay in the lumpy mattress in her aunt's attic she realized that she was in fact quite inexperienced, young and for a lack of a better word perhaps even a little naive about the world. 

She loved Alexander but had yet to explore the meaning of love in itself; she wanted to be with Alexander there was no doubt about that but if a little while apart appeased her parents and allowed her the opportunity to grow as an individual, experience life then perhaps her parents weren't wrong to send her away. These series of thoughts had plagued her with guilt for even considering the option of leaving Alexander behind but then again if it came down to it her parents were more important to her... right?

Moreover, the time apart had allowed her to mull over all the shit Alexander had put her through. The lies, the deceit and finally the dirty manipulation that had her crawling back to him. She loved him, she really did but he wasn't good for her and upon having some time away from him so that he couldn't seduce her into giving up her resolve, the realization became more evident. She needed this time away from him and she was finally beginning to feel grateful for it.

Olivia had only recently figured out it was her best friend who had ratted her out and for that, she wasn't ready yet to forgive Fawn for betraying her trust like that. she could, however, feel herself coming around to it because she knew Fawn had only wanted what was best for her and Olivia herself was too blind to see it then. Perhaps in a few weeks or so maybe just maybe she'd approach her former best friend again.

Her admission to the University of Melbourne was all but confirmed and their September session was only a few weeks away. She was more than nervous about that but it was a good kind of nervousness, almost like anticipation. She had begun looking forward to her time in Australia despite the God-awful weather. She was content but then again with her luck how long could that last?

Two weeks. That's how long. That's when the first message came in, "I'm coming" was all it said, an unknown number but she knew immediately who it was and she was conflicted.  On one hand, she had begun looking forward to a future that would make her parents proud, give her perspective on life and help her grow however on the other the swell of giddiness engulfed her senses as she found herself reading the message over and over again reminded her of the profound love she held for Alexander and how deep inside she wanted him to come to find her, take her away and spend forever together. She needed to do something, maybe stop him. she knew that was the logical thing to do but as she re-read the message for the umpteenth time she chose to do nothing instead and wait instead.

The entire day she roamed around the house with bated breath, stumbling around in a dazed state. Her uncle and aunt both shot weird looks at her but didn't dare to say anything after being on the receiving end of one of her outbursts when she had first arrived in her over-emotional state. Her heart was thumping on a rate like never before as she lay in her bed that night mulling over how she was going to speak to him, maybe she could just blurt out that they needed space or maybe she could tell him how much she missed him honestly and then proceed to kiss the living daylights out of him. Both options seemed quite valid to her. It was with these conflicting thoughts that she tossed and turned in her bed when a sudden ring from her phone jolted her up. Her hands shook slightly as she clumsily grabbed her phone.