Chapter 31... Lies

"Hey, hey, take it easy." A woman's voice says as I shoot up. She gently pushes me back down on the bed.

I see Mary, the lady who had helped Brenda.

"Glad to see you're awake." She smiles at me.

"I... what happened?" I ask quietly.

"You passed out. I'm thinking from sleep deprivation. Maybe stress on top of that." She says, moving some items across the medical table.

I sit up on the bed, swinging my feet over the side.

"How long was it since you last slept?" She asks me.

I sarcastically smile, "Less than five minutes ago."

She rolls her eyes, "Still sarcastic as ever, I see. I mean, how long until you willingly went to sleep."

I hesitate, "I.. I don't really know. I slept, but it wasn't much.. I can't sleep." I shake my head, "Nightmares.. it's.. not great."

She frowns at me, "Y/n, you have to sleep. You could get yourself killed."

"I'm not dead yet." I stand up from the bed, wincing slightly, and limp forward.

"But you could be. How long have you been infected?" Her words cause me to stop in my tracks.

I glance at her, "Uhm.. it was Greiver, in the maze. I was given a cure, but it didn't last for long. Now it just.. fluctuates, not getting worse, but not getting better." I shrug.

"We can try to cure you." She says, but I shake my head, "If it kills me, it kills me."

And without another word, I limp out of the tent. It got darker outside. How long was I out of it?

"I'm glad to see you're back on your feet." Teresa says from behind me.

I groan quietly, limping forward, "What now?" I ask.

"You collapsed in front of me, I was worried. Is that not allowed?" She asks, and I can hear her following me.

I shake my head, "No, it's not."

I keep walking. And apparently, she keeps following. I walk away, to a more secluded area.

"Could you stop-" I start to say, before her hand is on my shoulder. She forces me to turn around.

I glare at her, "What the fuck, Teresa. Can't you tell that I want nothing to do with you!"

"Y/n, I've told you before. I didn't kiss him!" She yells, "I didn't. But you wouldn't believe me."

I stare at her, finally letting her words sink in. I quickly shake my head, "I don't care. You let my brother die. You let him get stung. You didn't even try to stop me from leaving."

"I'm sorry, Y/n.. really.." She whispers quietly.

"Sorry for what?" I ask, irritated beyond belief.

"For everything.. past, present and future.." She mutters.

I tilt my head in confusion.

"I- .. I'm hoping you'll understand.." She sighs.

"Understand what?" I snap, feeling a presence behind us. I glance over to see Thomas, and glare at him.

"Why I did it.." Teresa continues.

Behind her, I see lights. The sound of helicopters whirring fills the air. She looks behind her, and Thomas does as well.

"Teresa-" Thomas goes to speak, but I cut him off.