Chapter 27 (Interlude)

Three weeks later

Danny was back on his earth on the couch in his house, texting Kara about his day and other topics that came into his mind.

"So if you could be any superhero, who would you be?" Kara texted.

"I think I would be Batman," said Danny

"Why that?"

"I think he's really cool with his gadgets and sneaking around in the dark."

"Got it."

"What superhero would you be?"

"I think either Wonder Woman or Hawkwomen."

"Good choices."

"Anyway, do you have any plans on friday?"

"Not really."

"I was thinking about hanging out with some of my friends. Would you like to come?"

Danny thinks for a moment, "is it like a date?" he shakes his head "nah it's too soon." he texts Kara back, "sure."

"Great, I'll text you where to meet up. I gotta go see you on friday."

"See ya."

"Who are you texting?" Danny turns around to see Jazz holding a medium-size book under her arm.

"Just texting a friend," said Danny

"Probably a girl!" shouted Dani from the kitchen

"Mind your business! Danny shouted back

"Hey I got know who could be dating my technically dad," this caused Danny to blush a little

"C'mon tell me." Jazz sat on the couch with Danny

"Okay, it's a girl I met at the movie theater."

"Is she cute?"

"Y-yeah and she wanted me to hangout with her and her friends that's all."

"Well I think it's better that you're doing something than being king or superhero."

"Thanks Jazz."

"No problem bro."

Dani comes into the living room holding a turkey sandwich in her hand "from what I heard it's not a date?" then taking a bite out of it.

"No," said Danny

"Well let's see about it."

Back on Kara earth, she is with Barbara Gordon at her house, hanging out in her bedroom.

"Hey Barb, do you and Dick have any plans for Friday?" said Kara

"No, why?" said Barbara

"Because there this boy met a few weeks back and wanted to hang out with him without seemingly looking like a date."

"And not me approving this boy before your cousin?"

"What no."

"Is he cute?"

"Why does that matter?"

"It's just a question, Kara , there 's nothing behind it."

"Fine, he is cute."

"Good to know I'll get Dick out of his bed and meet this guy you're talking about on friday."

"Okay," then Kara thought, "it's not like I'm going to fall for the guy."

Author note (sorry for the shortness of the story)