Chapter 1 - Introduction

(A/N sooo this is my first book and I hope you guys enjoy it. Also, this is a Kang Sae-Byeok x OC, but you can imagine that this is a Kang Sae-Byeok x fem reader. You can be Shin-young if you want, I really do not mind :> Anyways, enjoy!)

Shin-young is broke and needed money to provide for her little sister who currently stays in an orphanage. Shin-young promised her that she will get money so that they can go to Jeju Island and live happily.

Her parents got murdered when she was 11. Shin-young was adopted by her grandparents and treated her like a princess. She has her older brother and sister with her. Shin-young thought that she will have a good life. I mean, she has many friends and people that care for her. But, all good things must come to an end right?

Hwang Shin-Young's POV (13 Years Old)

My teacher gave me an A on my test. Grandma will be so happy! I said goodbye to all my friends and walked away from school. I put on my earphones while admiring the beautiful sky. The Sun, the clouds, the birds, all of them look so mesmerizing.

Time skip (10 Minutes Later)

Hwang Shin-young was infront of her house. She opened the door quietly, planning to surprise her grandparents. It's very quiet.. Maybe they're all sleeping. She thought. Shin-young ran upstairs to go tell her grandparents the good news. "Grandma! Grandpa! Look! I got an A on my test, your granddaughter is very smart you kno-" She didn't get to finish her sentence when she saw..

2 bodies laying on the ground. Her grandmother and her grandfather.

She was shocked and couldn't say anything. Shin-young immediately rushed to them and saw blood coming out of their chest. "G-Grandma, Grandpa, wake up!" she shaked their bodies but got no response. Tears began streaming down into her face. W-w-wait, what happened to Jun-Ho and Eunjin? Shin-young panicked and immediately went to their bedroom. "Eunjin! Jun-ho!" she screamed and saw Eunjin on the bed crying. "H-Hey, what happened here?" Shin-young caressed her little sister's back waiting for a response. "T-there are scary people who went here and attacked Grandma and Grandpa.. They both fell on the floor with their eyes closed. Grandma said to be strong and brave, I called out her name so many times but she isn't responding to me.. Big brother went outside to follow the bad guys. It's been 15 minutes but he still hasn't came back."

"W-what? Eunjin stay here, I'll look for Jun-ho okay?" She replied and kissed Eunjin's forehead. Her little sister nodded and stayed on the bedroom. Shin-young ran down the stairs and went outside. She didn't care if it's cold and freezing, she just wanted to find her older brother.

27 Minutes Later...

Jun-ho's nowhere to be seen. Shin-young began to panic and shouted his name many times. The weather's freezing and cold, she didn't even have the time to put her coat on. She screamed and screamed until she couldn't scream anymore, Shin-young finally decided to go back home, crying miserably.

Very long time skip lol (5 Years Later)

Hwang Shin-Young's POV

"Another dead body...killed by me" I sighed. You are probably wondering what happened to me. I was adopted by my not so very kind uncle. He was a mafia leader and a monster. He abused me every fucking day, even my sister. I decided to drop her off in an orphanage and swore that when things get better, we will live and buy a house in Jeju Island.

I have many cuts and bruises done by my fucking uncle. For these past five years, I got backstabbed by all my fake friends, abused, and I still haven't found Jun-ho. I hope he's safe and living a good life. I had so many failed suicide attempts, why is the world so fucking cruel to me? I wanted to die, but I couldn't leave my sister behind. All I wanted in this world is a friend, a person who trusts me and cares for me. I'll do anything, whether I'll cut myself and bleed to death, I just want to have someone that will stick by my side forever. Someone who will love me for the way I am. My thoughts got interrupted when my uncle kicked me on the back.

I fell on the floor, blood on my nose. "You little shit! Why did you not kill his brother?! He escaped!" I was about to get up when my uncle kicked me on the stomach. I groaned in pain.

"God, you are so weak and pathetic! You only got one job to do, and you can't even do it right!" Once I heard that, my face went red because of anger. I stood up "Well, if you think that the mission you gave me is simple, why won't you do it instead? Atleast you don't have to be so bossy and fucking annoying all the time.."

I'm pretty sure my uncle was hella mad cause he tried to punch me in the face but I dodged it. I chuckled lightly before my face went back to my cold and mad expression.

He grabbed his knife out of his pocket. "You're going to be in serious trouble baby girl" I cringed at his words. "Really? Baby girl? Tch.. Come up with new words old man. What are you? A sex addict?"

He attacked me and left a cut on the left side of my face. Well... Things are about to get bloody.

I grabbed my pocketknife and stabbed him on his shoulder. He groaned in pain and fell on the floor. I was about to walk away when he grabbed my foot, also making me fall over the floor. He was about to stab me in my chest when I dodged it and went on top of him. (Yall don't imagine this shit sjshsvdv). I punched him in the face and stabbed him in his stomach.

I couldn't even process things. My hand moved by itself. I was shocked and couldn't move. There was blood flowing out of his stomach. I put my hand on his neck, waiting for a pulse. That's when I realized.. He was dead. I killed him. I killed my own uncle. I don't know what to do. Should I be happy? Should I be sad? I mean, he was a bad and abusive person, but he thought me how to stand up for myself and be fearless. He thought me how to fight and defend myself in this cruel world. I was about to say something when I heard a siren sound coming from outside.

"Shit.." I muttered. "I'm so sorry uncle, but I have to leave." With that, I ran away. I feel like I escaped and found the freedom that I wanted. I was tired from running away and sat in a bench to get some fresh air. "I killed my uncle today..how can this day be any worse?" I sigh. Suddenly, someone approached me. A man in a suit with a brief case in hand.

"Ma'am, would you like to play a game with me?"