Chapter 3 - Red Light, Green Light

Hwang Shin-young's POV

I heard an AI voice speaking through the speakers. "The first game is Red light, Green light." Suddenly, the gigantic ass doll started turning around. Shit, I got goosebumps "You are allowed to move forward when IT shouts Green Light. Stop when IT shouts Red Light. If your movement is detected afterwards, you will be eliminated."

I heard two guys betting a million won if one of them finishes first. Gosh, they are such idiots. We don't know what this game might do to us, but I really have a bad feeling about this. I started hyping myself up and getting ready for the game. I was a master of this game when I was young, and I do have a strategy to win. I smirked and waited for the AI Voice to speak up.

"With that, let the game begin." The creepy doll faced the tree. "Green Light" I jogged my way forward along with the other players. I was trying to save up my energy because I might need it later on. I was beside Player 250 while Player 324 was infront of us. "Red Light" I stopped. Player 324 lost his balance and was detected by the doll. "Player 324, eliminated." Player 250 smiled. I really have a bad feeling about this, I don't know why. Maybe I- My thoughts got cut off when I heard a loud bang. Everyone flinched except for me. I was used to this sound, holding a gun everyday and shooting people on their heads seem to be the reason why. "That bang, d-did you hear that?" A player asked. "I knew it. They're very suspicious. They wouldn't really let us participate in these simple games and win money easily. There's a catch, a player would be killed if he or she got eliminated." I said, loud enough for all the players to hear me. "Green Light" Player 250 went up to check his friend while I walked past them. "Y-Yah, stop the act idiot." His voice was shaky and he was shocked even more when Player 324 spat out blood.

"Red Light" Out of fear, Player 250 stumbled back and tried running away. The doll detected him and shot him next to a woman. Blood was splattered onto her face which made her panic and scream. Movement was detected, she was shot in the head. A few seconds later, many players tried running away and got shot one by one.

Kang Sae-Byeok's POV

I saw many players getting shot infront of me. I noticed that the girl who helped me earlier didn't even panic and did not care that people are getting shot behind her. "Green Light" I moved forward and saw Player 66 not making a single move. I don't even care about the people who interacts with me, but this girl gives me a different feeling. God, I hope she makes out here alive.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Hwang Shin-young's POV

Players were being killed one by one. The doll shouted green light but I didn't make a single move because I was trying to observe some players. "Red Light" most players stopped. I heard another loud bang which means a movement was detected. I noticed that you could use someone as a shield, just go behind someone and the doll wouldn't detect you. "Green Light" I started moving forward again and I met a man who kinda looks like a foreigner. His body was trembling and his hands were shaking.

I went up to him and patted his back to give him some comfort. "Sir, don't be scared. You can use someone as a shield and the doll wouldn't detect you. Go behind me, I'll protect you." I told him. Maybe the other ones heard it too because they are going behind someone's back. The foreigner nodded and did what I said. I heard him talk when the doll shouted Red Light. "Thank you Ma'am. You're helping me too much right now. What can I do to make it up to you?" I slightly chuckled "Well Mister, try to not die first okay? Focus on the game and think about that later." I said to him. I heard him chuckle from behind and said "Okay, Ma'am."

A few seconds later, I noticed that the man wasn't behind me anymore. Maybe he left? I hope he's still alive... "Green Light" I began to ran faster since the voice is also speeding up. I also noticed Player 67 behind Player 101. "Who's that behind me?" 101 questioned. "The bitch who crossed you" Player 67 began to grab the back of 101's disgusting head. Go get your revenge 67..

"You bitch." That's all he can force out of his mouth. "Stop trembling you moron, he'll kill you if you get caught" Player 67 said with a smirk on her face. God, what a badass....

"Green Light" Player 67 pushed his head forward before moving forward. I smirked and went up to her. "Red Light" I stopped but Player 67 was already beside me. There are 2 minutes left until the timer ends. "Green Light" Out of instinct, I grabbed Player 67's hand tightly and began to run with all the energy that I've got to go across the finish line.

We're almost there, the only thing we can only do now is to dive across the line. "Hey, let's dive across the line" I said. She nodded and we began to dive like our lives depended on it. I sighed in relief, we made it. "Phew, we made it out alive" I said.

"Uhm, can you get off me now?" Player 67 questioned. I was confused but began to realize that I was on top of her and my head was placed on her chest. I noticed that she began to blush slightly. "Shit, I'm sorry" I stood up. My cheeks also went red because of embarrassment so I walked away from her.

I began to watch some players who were running while the others got shot. I also noticed the man that I helped earlier. He's so close to the finish line. He began to notice me and his eyes lit up. Fuck, there's bodies surrounding him. He might trip I thought. I noticed that there was still 37 seconds on the timer. "Green Light" I had no other choice. I ran back and I heard gasps and screams behind me but I chose to ignore it. The foreigner also looked shocked and began to run. Just what I expected, he tripped but I catched him on time before the doll shouted Red Light. "M-Mister, please stay still okay?" I could tell he was shaking but he tried his best to stay still. My energy was drained because of running earlier, that's why I have plenty of strength left in my body. There were some people who got shot and I noticed that there are only 15 seconds left before the timer ends. "Green Light" Me and the man ran with all our energy to go across the line. Thankfully, we made it before the timer ended.

I was sweating a lot and noticed that there are still some people who didn't make it. I wonder what's going to happen to them... I was wondering until they got shot and fell on the ground. I sigh and stood up. Suddenly, the foreigner man approached me. Oh.. He's Player 199. "Thank you very much Ma'am! If it wasn't for you, I would've been dead right now." He bowed and I slightly chuckled. "Hey, it's fine. No need to thank me. By the way, I'm Hwang Shin-young." I lent out my hand for him to shake. He accepted my hand and said "Shin-young, that's a very nice name! I'm Ali. Ali Abdul." He smiled. We were having a conversation until we were guided back to the main room. Well.... I wonder what the other players will say about this..
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
(A/N Hey guys! New chapter for today. I hope you enjoyed it and please correct me if I have wrong grammars o(╥﹏╥)o)