Chapter 16 - See You Again

"Player 66, eliminated"

Kang Sae-byeok's POV

I stood up and approached Sang-woo. I grabbed his jacket and punched him in the face. I grabbed his collar. "How dare you kill Shin-young?! You fucking piece of shit! I'll kill you!" I yelled and punched him in the face again. I grabbed my knife and was about to stab him in the chest but someone stopped me.

"Sae-byeok, don't!" Gi-hun yelled behind me. He grabbed my wrist and took the knife I was holding. I looked at him angrily. "Give it back." I commanded.

"Hey, Sae-"

"GIVE IT BACK!" I shouted at him. He flinched before shaking his head.

I stood up and approached Gi-hun as I tried to get my knife back. I grabbed his arm and was about to take my knife away from him but I got interrupted when Gi-hun pulled me into a tight hug, similar to what Shin-young and I used to do before.

I couldn't get out of his grip since he was stronger than me. "Gi-hun, let me go." I told him.

"No"

He started to caress my back. "Let it all out." He told me. I looked at him and he put my head on his shoulder.

I suddenly remembered what Shin-young did to me after the fourth game.

"Sae, let it all out." Shin-young told me. I looked at her confused. "What are you talking about?" I asked her. She sighed.

Suddenly, Shin-young pulled me into a tight hug. I was shocked. She put my head on her shoulder. "Sae, let all your emotions out. You don't have to be so cold and act like everything's fine all the time. Sometimes, you have to let it all out. Don't worry, I'm right here beside you. No one can see you crying." She said. I nodded slowly.

I hugged her back tightly, my arms on her waist. I began to cry. She slightly smiled and patted my head.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I hugged Gi-hun as I sobbed on his shoulder. He dropped my knife on the floor as he hugged me back.

"Don't worry, Sae-byeok. We're going to get revenge on Sang-woo and win this game.....for Shin-young."

-------------------

"Player 67, Player 218, and Player 456. Welcome to the final game."

"Before we begin, there will be a coin toss to decide offense and defense. Please choose triangle or square."

Seong Gi-Hun's POV

"Triangle." I responded quickly. One guard threw the coin in the air before letting it fall and land on his hand.

"It's triangle. Please choose either offense or defense."

"Offense." Sae-byeok spoke out of nowhere.

"Player 67 and Player 456 will play offense. Player 218 will play defense."

The door opened as we walked outside.

"The sixth and final game will be Squid Game." Huh, I guess you really are correct, Shin-young...

"Let me explain the rules of Squid Game. One. The attacker needs to go into the squid drawing, run past the defense, and tap the squid's head with his/her foot to win. Two. The defender must push the attacker out of the drawing to win. Three. If there comes a situation where either one of you cannot continue playing, the last one standing wins."