Chapter 9 - Tug Of War

Hwang Shin-young's POV

I woke up feeling light headed. I noticed that I was in another person's bed. Fuck, whose bed is this?

Suddenly, I remembered that I passed out on Sae-Byeok's shoulder because I felt a very sharp pain on my back and my body began to weaken. I touched my back to see if it still hurts. Gladly, blood was not flowing out  anymore due to a clothing that was wrapped around my back.

I began to search for Sae-Byeok to see if she's okay. I spotted her on a staircase with Ali, Player 001, Player 456, and Player 218. I decided to go over to them secretly.

I was now on top of the staircase when I heard Ali talk.

"We were worried about you, Sir, when you disappeared."

"Nobody here got hurt so that's good." Player 218 said.

"Ehem, excuse me? Mister, I almost bled to death because of a stab wound on my back yet you're telling me nobody got hurt in here? Atleast give me some recognition damn it.."  I spoke out of nowhere.

Everybody began to look up to see me with wide eyes while I sat down and wrapped my arms around Sae-Byeok's neck. I saw her cheeks heating up a bit. "You're finally awake."  She spoke.

"We were worried about you, Ma'am. You suddenly passed out and we noticed that blood was flowing out out of your back. You also had a very high fever last night which made me very anxious."  Ali said. I smiled.

"Thanks for your concern, Ali. Don't worry, I'm perfectly fine now."  I answered.

"Oh, so that's your name, Ali. Well, at this point, we should know what to call each other. Why don't we go around and tell each other our names now"  Player 456 said. I began to remove my arms around Sae-Byeok's neck and I heard her let out a huff.

"I already know your name though, Ssangmun-dong"  Ali spoke. I chuckled a bit at his cuteness, not noticing that Sae-Byeok was looking at me with annoyed eyes.

"Ssangmun-dong is just my hometown. The name is Seong Gi-Hun. Seong Gi-Hun of Ssangmun-dong."  Player 456 now known as Gi-Hun, replied.

"Where are you from, Ali?"  Player 218 asked. "Pakistan"  Ali answered.

"Pakistan? Where is that?"  Gi-hun questioned. "North of India"  Me and Player 218 answered at the same time. "They're right"  Ali smiled.

"Of course he is"  Gi-hun patted 218's shoulder. "This man here went to SNU-"  His words were interrupted when 218 spoke. "I'm Cho Sang-Woo"

Uhm, you can see Gi-hun here is still speaking. Why do you have to be so disrespectful Sang-Woo?  I thought

Now, they began to look at Sae-Byeok. "Come on, really?"  She asked.

"We're all teammates here now. We should really know about each other, build up a little trust, okay?"  Gi-hun said.

She looked down. "Kang Sae-Byeok" Gi-Hun nodded and looked at me.

I stared back at him confused. "What about you? What's your name?" Gi-hun asked me. "Eh? Why do you care? Please know that I don't trust you fully yet."  I answered.

He sighed. "Come on, just as I said earlier, we're all teammates here. You can trust us."

I sighed. "Fine, it's Hwang Shin-young."

"You two got pretty names. Though I'm not sure how well it will fits the both of you."  Gi-Hun said.

I scoffed and playfully hit his head. He looked at me and I smiled like a kid and gave him a peace sign.