Chapter10

After I shook his hand he gave me one of those smiles that was just to perfect to not stare.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah I'm perfectly fine", I said as I looked down at my dark torn muddy shoes then back at my now muddy T-shirt.

"If you want we can talk later so you can shower and change and all that", he looked straight at my eyes making my heart race faster every second.

"No! I'm fine. We will talk I wanna hear this story", i looked at him and said it with meaningfulness.

"Well okay", he looked worried as if he didn't want to tell me.

"Are you umm going to tell me? Any soon?"

"Yeah sorry", he looked down and I thought he was even about to cry

Before I could say anything he talked.

"Let's just sum it up he killed the girl I loved", he said through gritted teeth as his voice was full of anger and his hand was in a fist.

"What?!.. No he.. he couldn't have!", I got up and tears rolled down my face and I tried to run. Run away where I was alone. I was shocked and hurt my bestfriend had never told me.

I tried to run, but before I could he grabbed my hand. And turned me around so I would be facing him.

"Let me go please", I said softly to him covering my face so he wouldn't see my tears rolling down.

"Stay and please cry.. Yea cry and let it all out I'm here for you", he said it in a way I knew he meant it.

*****

"You can't lose something you never had, so right now I wasn't grieving, more like wishing that we had something to lose", I said to Maria as I made my bed.

"Yea you are definitely right on this one", she was about to say more when she stopped and I turned around to see who it was.

Out of all the people at camp it had to be him. Jacob

I met his eyes, but I quickly turned away.

I looked in the opposite direction when I noticed Jacobs eyes flicker up. He didn't need to know I was looking, he didn't need to know it hurt how he had treated me.

"Crystal you ok?", he said as he came towards me.

I spun around and plastered a fake smile and answered.

" yes totally, now if you'll excuse me I'm going to eat. Come on Maria", I grabbed her hand and walked out of the room.

"Well that was nice!", Maria looked at me and then went straight to get her food.

While in the mean time I stood there trying to see if I could catch Ricky somewhere.

"Hello there", as soon as I heard that I felt chills down the back of my spine. And goosebumps rise up on my arms.

I turned around and smiled when I saw that it was Ricky.

"Hey", I said still smiling and looking at him like an idiot.

"Wanna go get breakfast?", he said as he looked around the cafeteria.

"Yea sure", I started walking to the line when I spotted Jacob!

"WHAT ARE TOU DOING WITH HIM?!?", Jacob yelled at me causing people all around us to turn and look at us.

"Man shut up she wants to be with me she can! Back off!", Ricky yelled back at him getting closer to his face.

They were at a very close distance. Which looked like they were gonna kiss.

I grabbed Ricky and pulled him back. "Just come on ignore it", I said to him walking backwards to our spot in line.

Jacob threw his hands up in the air and cursed and walked out of the cafeteria furious.

While Maria was sitting at a table with Henry just looking at me like I had done something so terrible.

I didn't know what to do. I had been rude to Jacob and my only two friends seemed mad at me.

"I can just go", Ricky said as he whispered it in my ear.

"No please don't! They can't know it hurt me. Plus we still need to talk", I said as I looked at his perfectly shaped face.

"Ok", he gave me a big smile like always making me smile.

****

We had sat at Maria's and Henry's table cause once we were out of line they had left.

After we finished we walked out and walked around to the small park that was near the woods.

"So you wanna know what happened right", he said looking at me with sadness in his eyes.

"Yea.. If you don't mind thought", I looked at the small white flower that was near a rock on the ground.

"Of course I don't. I might get emotional though"

I remembered how Jacob used to always say that emotional guys were stupid and insane, but to me they were brave and strong.

"It's okay I'm here for you", I told him in a way that I hoped he believed me I meant it.

"Ok well it started when...."

*************

A/N

Well that's Ricky trusting crystal that fast.. What if he is lying? Or maybe not...Next chapter will be different..