It All Ends Here

"Here we are in another studio, another week. We need to learn a new group routine. This is tough. We have to do it today, and there's props." Abby tells us, "Now, I want to reflect a little bit on the past two weeks. I keep telling you guys, you have been given an amazing opportunity. You've been hand-selected to go across the country and learn a new number each week and do these competitions, and you are not stepping up to the plate."

As Abby continued talking, a looked at the pyramid.

Not gonna lie, I prefer the pyramid to look like an actual pyramid instead of stairs. Also, covering the headshots it's intriguing.

Gosh, what am I doing? I'm being a dance mom.

Maddie

Brooke   Chloe   Genevieve

Nia     Mackenzie     Paige

"Maddie, you're doing your solo and a duet with Chloe. Chloe, you will also be doing your solo. Genevieve, you will also be doing a new solo."

Yes!

I mean, yay.

Maddie leaned over to me and said:

"Told ya."

I smiled at her and looked back at Abby.

"Paige and Brooke, I'm giving you a duet. I want you to work together as friends. I do not want you fighting as sisters. If you waste time and energy bickering back and forth, you're never gonna get it finished. Everybody is in the group number this week-- even Mackenzie. Every single one of you are an important piece of this puzzle, and in a group routine, everybody needs to pull your weight, and I'm telling you what: We need to win."

For the second day of rehearsal, Abby wanted us there by six-thirty in the morning. I was literally a zombie dancing. A graceful zombie, at least. After the group dance and a duet rehearsal, it was time for my solo.

"Your solo is entitled "If Only". If only you would beat Maddie. If only you would be ifirst place. If only you could win the national title, right?" Abby tells me as I stand in the middle of the room.

If only she would shut up.

If only she didn't pressure me this much.

If only she didn't tell me those things the other week that now won't get out of my head at all.

Ah, if only, right?

"The style is contemporary," Abby says and my mouth opens in shock.

Genevieve: Contemporary is my best style of dance, and I'm glad Miss Abby finally gave me the chance to perform a solo in that style.

Like it was just rehearsal, I didn't really make any facial expressions. I just focused on perfecting the steps and trying to dance as flawlessly as possible.

Keyword being possible.

It was the fifth time I did a side aerial in less than a minute. The choreography was more than simple; it was ridiculous.

"Um, Abb?" Gianna says as I stop dancing, "Don't you think we could change that part of the choreography?"

"You think it isn't good enough?" Abby looks at me.

"It's good." I answer, "But, does Miss Gianna have any ideas for it?"

Abby looked at me for a couple of seconds before turning to Gianna as she started changing the steps.

Mission succeeded, especially because I managed to learn three whole new steps and indirectly change Abby's choreography.

The day after that, Abby decided to take us out. I didn't know where, but I hoped it would be fun.