Welcome Back . . . Now Don't Get Too Comfy

"I'm in the room, it's a typical Tuesday night
I'm listening to the kind of music she doesn't like
And she'll never know your story like I do"

Giselle shoved the TV remote and I jolted to a pause. My eyes widened in surprise for a moment before I grabbed it and brought it to my lips.

"But she wears short skirts--" I turned my head over to my sister as she grabbed Mom's purple hairbrush from the coffee table.

"--I wear T-shirts--" She sang, shutting her eyes closed.

"--She's cheer captain--" I continued, starting to skip around the living room.

"--And I'm on the bleachers--" She opened her eyes again, grinning as she looked directly into the camera. "--Dreaming about the day when you wake up and find--"

I attempted to push her aside as I looked directly into the camera with a mischievous smile. "--That what you're looking for has been here the whole time--"

As Taylor's voice continued singing from the small, black RadioShack speaker, I burst out laughing and I heard Giselle sigh loudly.

"That was my line." She scoffed, although she didn't look like she meant to scoff.

I peered my eyes open, controlling my laughter for a moment. "You always get the good girl lines and I get the mean girl ones." Laughter took over again. "I wanna be different for once."

"It's not fair," Giselle muttered under her breath.

A beeping noise was heard and both of us looked back at the camera.

"Battery low," Zane informed from behind the camera. "Something you wanna say?"

I took a deep breath, trying to control my laughter once again. I bit my lower lip rather harshly as I started waving frantically at the camera with both of my small hands.

"The battery sucks," Giselle commented off-screen, seemingly from the kitchen because she came back to it holding a glass of fruit punch.

"I know your favorite songs
And you tell me about your dreams
Think I know where you belong--"

The video abruptly stopped and a slight frown came onto my face. Hovering the white mouse over to the white X, I clicked on it as the window closed entirely. I took a glance at the name of the video "20090712" and realized that it wasn't just a bunch of numbers as I had previously thought. It was a date. The video has been recorded on July twelfth of two-thousand and nine, which made me a six-year-old in the video, along with a nine-year-old Giselle and a ten-year-old Zane from behind the camera.