Abby Strikes Back

I only have one goal to achieve today: make it to my party tonight.

Usually, people stop being excited about their birthdays once they start receiving more clothing and fewer toys, and believe me, I'd be one of those people too, but I didn't exactly have a party last year. I didn't have anything last year. That means that this year, I wanna live it out and celebrate my eleven years of existence.

When I woke up that Tuesday morning, I already knew I was eleven ― that's what I get for being born at one in the morning ― so I attempted to be "mature", a task I failed terribly as soon as I step foot outside my bedroom. The morning was normal ― and I decided to skip homeschool today ― and almost a little boring, but I knew that later on when I was in the studio, it would be everything but boring. At around eleven, I started getting ready, trying to look for the best-looking and more mature-looking set of dancewear I owned. The winner was a lavender-colored sports bra and some black leggings. I worked with my makeup real quick and tied my hair up into my usual ponytail.

Everyone had made sure to tell me my "happy birthday" except for my sister. Of course, I didn't expect her to do so, but it was getting pretty obvious that she couldn't stand me. She used to hide it easily, but it looks like the cat's got her tongue by this point.

Also, the homeschool thing was soon going to change. Starting November, we were required to do homeschool at the studio, which means that we'll start filming way earlier than usual. It doesn't bother me that we have to do school together ― 'cause I'm excited about that ― but I'm not happy that we have to be at the studio by six in the morning. I take at least an hour to get ready, so I have to be up by five.

FIVE!

We all went our own separate ways once we arrived at the studio. Sadly, instead of hanging out with the girls and receiving about six more happy birthdays, we were called into studio "A" for the pyramid. Trying to hide my disappointment, I entered first, greeting Abby as I heard more set of footsteps behind me. When I stood in my usual position, I was ambushed by Kenzie, who hugged my waist.

I still have the height advantage.

I hugged her back, and soon Maddie hugged me, but before anyone else could, Abby cleared her throat, signaling the beginning of filming. The there of us pulled away and the sisters stood in their respective places. Payton gave me a side-hug, looking way happier than she did last week.

Almost a normal occurrence, Abby clapped her hands together before speaking. "All right, now, this week, I'm excited. I have an open audition. I'm looking for-- the next big thing. I get more headshots and résumés and mail with questions on how to become part of the Abby Lee Dance Company and we just say: "Hey, show up, pay, and audition"." She looked back and forth between the group of girls. "Who am I replacing? What do I need them to do? When are they available?" A faint smile came onto her face as she turned her head over slightly to the left. "We will be traveling to Orlando, Florida."

That replaced the frowns and disappointed looks with smiles and soft clapping.

Orlando's pretty much the best place ever.

"So I was thinking--" Abby turned over to the mothers. "Could Maddie, Evie, Mackenzie, and Giselle go early with me and help at the audition?"

Maddie and I shared a confused look as Kenzie stared at the teacher. I didn't know what Giselle was doing, but she was definitely not happy about the situation. From the area the moms stood, I saw Mom nod in response as Melissa smiled before answering with a brief "Yeah". The teacher turned back to us ― more specifically towards Maddie and I ― as she held the headshot coverings.

"You guys want to do that?" She asked.

Giselle does not like us at all.

I don't know what she's thinking, but it doesn't look like I really have any options at all. Kenzie and I nodded as Maddie responded with a "yes" and Giselle soon did the same from where she stood between Nia and Kendall. Abby nodded at our responses and turned back to the rest. As she was about to resume the pyramid and everything, Leslie interrupted her, looking particularly curious about the situation.