A New Best Friend

GENEVIEVE

She sent the message to the wrong number.

I was entirely sure I hadn't given this whole Broadway thing a fair shot. I had been thinking negatively since the very beginning, so I never had the fun I was having now. Think about it: I'm a ten-year-old who's well known all around the world. Genevieve Turner is slowly becoming a household name, and I'm more than ready for it.

The only weird thing was the text Elle had sent me now a couple of months ago. When I tried sending her a "Merry Christmas" text, it appeared as if she had blocked me. Still, I didn't have enough time to call her and all that. The text was something about, how was it?

Giselle: The voicemail you sent was really nice by the way. I think you should have said that we sucked too, you didn't really let us know after you said that you didn't think that any of us deserved those opportunities. I hope you're doing great and that you get lots of cool job offers so that you don't have to come back here in a long while. believe me, no one really wants you here.

I did send a voicemail, but I never said anything about the girls not deserving any opportunities. Knowing Elle, she had gotten into a feud with someone her age. It was typical for her, or maybe it had something to do with the show; I hadn't kept up with it either. People would ask me questions, but I just found out that some of the dancers walked out and Annie joined the team. This is a vacation for me. I don't need to watch it if the only thing I want to do is be away from it.

I considered that I was getting better show after show after show. Annie was slowly becoming a character I adored, and that obviously made me get better. Every now and then, I'd look at myself in the mirror, remembering when I was a blonde, but I think the red fits me. I'm not just "one of the blondes" anymore.

Out of all the cast, there was someone I got along with the most. Her name is Sadie, and she's one of the understudies for my character. We'd spend most of our time together during rehearsals and some random outing. Let's just say that I didn't have any time to hang out with anyone while the show happened. Today, however, it was one of the many rehearsal days. More specifically after the rehearsal, we were out on a random outing to the "popular" Bryant Park. Although it wasn't that popular when it was nine o'clock and the only other people there were a group of college students attempting to create a short film for one of their classes.

I felt bad for whoever Walker was. He was getting blamed for everything, and he wasn't even the one with the camera.

The wind softly blew my hair out of my face as I watched as "Walker" and "Pressley" looked at something in the camera they were using. Sadie sat next to me, her blue eyes fixated on the young adults. We both watched them with curiosity as they walked back to the rest of their group, which consisted of four more people. As we continued watching, I felt my phone vibrate on my lap and I looked down at it, reading the called ID "Annie".