No One Likes A Bully

Chloe

Maddie   Mackenzie   Genevieve   Giselle

Kendall   Nia   Paige   Payton

"This week at Hollywood Vibe, Chloe, you will be doing a solo again. Maddie, you will also be doing a solo. Genevieve, I want you doing a solo 'cause it's been a while since the last one." Abby announces, "And, we're gonna do a trio, and the trio is going to be Chloe, Maddie and . . . Kendall."

Giselle: No offense to Kendall, but the last part of the trio usually goes to either Paige or Evie.

Genevieve: I don't really care that I wasn't on the trio, but I'm upset that Paige isn't on it 'cause it's usually the three of them.

"Kendall, you stepped it up from Apples last week, but now I need to see if you can hang with Chloe and Maddie." Abby explains, "Let me talk about the group dance. It's a contemporary lyrical routine. I am putting art on the stage. It's going to be about a bully. There needs to be somebody that's the bully. Nia, you are going to be the bully. Somebody has to be the bad guy."

Of course, take the sweetest girl in the room and make her be the bully.

Bravissimo, Abby.

"I can't imagine that." Maddie comments.

"But she's an actress; she has to act," Abby tells us.

"That's right." Jill agrees, "It's acting."

"So, you're gonna be my bully, yes?"

"Okay." Nia answers.

"You have to be big and strong and tough and nasty." Abby continues, "That leaves me with one more bit of news. I'm bringing in another member. A strong dancer, that can go up against our bully. Please welcome, Payton."

Right on cue, Payton walks into studio "A" and we all go hug her.

Payton's a bit older than Brooke. Maybe a couple of months, but she's a really nice person.

But the show likes to show the opposite.

After the pyramid and the group dance rehearsal, we started with the solos.

I was the first one in.

My solo is contemporary-lyrical and it's called "Moonlight".

The issue was that I couldn't get focus on the choreography, so I kept making the same mistakes over and over again. Thirty minutes later, it was still the same.

"Come over here." Abby tells me and I walk over to her, "What's up with you?"

"I'm a little distracted," I answer.

"You cannot come here like that." She continues, "You need to come in here and nail the choreography. You are the national champion. You are the only girl in this group that currently has a title. You can't just stop working hard and go back to being sloppy. You can't let Maddie get ahead again, or is that what you want? Do you want to go back to be the second-best, or do you want to be the best?"

you want what someone else has. you wish that the other person didn't have it at all so it doesn't feel unfair to you.

"Evie?"

i am used to being just behind Maddie all the time.

"Are you okay?"

i am used to knowing that everyone thinks that I am not as good as Maddie.

"Genevieve!"