Chapter 17

Hi Everyone! Here is Chapter 17 and how great am I? Two chapters in two days!?! I hope you enjoy!

Also, the picture up above (if it actually loads) is actually the inspiration and how this entire book actually started, so thanks to my teacher for making us write a story about it!

Lucy's POV

I going to the shipwreck today. I told Nick and told him he had to be here by 8 if he was coming, but he isn't here yet so it looks like I'll be going alone.

I started riding my bike over to the beach. It was one of the easiest modes of transport around Shipwreck Bay since it was so small. 

"Lucy!"

I heard Nick call out from behind me. I glance back and see he's on his bike riding towards me. I slow down so he can catch up.

"So you are coming after all, I thought you weren't." I said to him.

"I accidentally slept in." He replied sheepishly.

I laugh.

________________________________________________________________________________

When we get there, we dismount and walk our bikes across the rocks before leaning them against the cliff near the shipwreck and go to explore Point Reyes better.

"We should probably start with the top deck this time... to make sure nothings there." Nick suggested. 

I agreed.

When we get into Point Reyes, we cautiously walk up the flights of stairs to the top. I let Nick lead the way. 

When we get to the door I had opened last time, Nick rested his hand on the handle and said,

"On the count of three."

"1" I said.

"2"

"3"

Nick opened the door. There was no glowing eyes in there. 

I breathed a sigh of relief I didn't know I had been holding.

"Lets go in." I said quietly to Nick. He nodded and we walked in further.

"You do that half of the room and I'll do this half." I said to him. He nodded.

I decided to start with the table next to the dusty bed.

I opened on of the drawers and was immediately greeted with dust rising out into my face. I coughed and looked away until it had all cleared.

Inside was a manner of things, but the one thing that caught my interest was a dusty black book.

I picked it up and used my hand to clean it.

I immediately dropped it and gasped, shocked at I saw. 

Inscribed on the front in gold lettering was, Liam Sanchez.

Nick walked over to see what was going on. He picked up the black book and his brows furrowed, 

"Isn't your last name Sanchez..."

I nodded, tears in my eyes.

"That's my dad."

________________________________________________________________________________

We were in silence for a few minutes. 

My dad was on this ship. 

My dad was CAPTAIN of this ship.