Rear ended

Rain. I don't like rain at the best of times, and now certainly isn't the best of times therefore I'm not in the best of moods with the downpour.

As I sat inside my parked car out of another workplace that most definitely would deny me as a worker, I slumped deeper into my seat miserable.

Miserable about the usual things yes, but even more miserable considering it's been a week since I've moved to a new state, new city, and overall new chapter of my life and still haven't been able to find at least a part time job, even dinky little places at the mall haven't gotten back to me and that, if I do say so myself is humiliating.

I often find myself staring blankly out the window of my car when I am stranded in my car, which is more often then I'd ideally like but at least now, since the rain was present I had something to watch other than cars and god forbid people, happy people who have their lives together with jobs, families and even worse to think about, friends.

That one always stung the worst when I saw groups of all ages laughing and smiling.

Realizing I can't just sit here forever and mope I put my gear into reverse carefully backing out and begrudgingly trying to make my way out of the parking lot.

The few people that were here were parked far off in the distance, and the only moving car seemed to be a small car behind me at the stop sign that seemed to have two toons in the front, a duck and a rabbit.

Quite distracted by the sight considering it's been a while since you've seen a duck drive, you realized you were staring in your mirror and jolted your head forward ready to stop for the sign completely until you felt a brutal BANG! Unceremoniously hitting the back of your car sending a brutal pain starting at your leg and soon whole body. It hurt like hell, how fast was he going?! It's a parking lot!

Slowly coming to your senses, you realized suddenly that what happened is that the person, or thing in the car behind you just rear ended you. full force. back of your car. Perfect day isn't it?

Now I've never been in a car crash before, but damn I didn't expect that kind of pain. Especially from a simple rear ender, again I'll state, was he REALLY going that fast, in a PARKING lot?

With all my strength, as much as I could move I put the car in park and pulled up on the emergency break shakily putting my hazards on, the sound of the rain became seemingly deafening as I rubbed head lightly, putting it down.

What kind of idiot is able to rear end someone at a stop sign? The more I thought, the more I got angry.

"Oh nice goin Daf. this is why I don't let you don't drive my car. "

Bugs growled lightly slapping Daffy upside the head sitting in the passenger seat before he frantically unbuckled his belt ready to get up and see if Daffy's latest victim was doing alright after being rear ended forcefully at a complete stop.

"What?! Why are you even worried?? Don't be a quitter! There's still plenty of time to get out of here so don't be mad! Come on let's hit and run this sucker."

Daffy scoffed impatiently casually tilting his head around to analyze the empty parking lot and how he could break the law.
Bugs, used to the hellish existence Daffy forces him to live in leaned over and swiftly took the keys out of the ignition before the duck had time to act on his illegal ideas.

"Ohh no, this is your problem and your dealin with it this time. This is an action I'm making sure you face the repercussions of."

Bugs chuckled shaking his head opening his door stepping and out, selfishly amused that Daffy had gotten himself into a situation that was clearly his fault, and couldn't be blamed on Bugs, this time at least.