Faint

You stormed yourself out of the restaurant not giving a second thought about what Daffy and Bugs were up to still inside. You just wanted to be rid of them.

You shoved the refined glass doors to the place open with force storming past the valet and sat on the steps angrily, using your phone to dial up a cab, and just wait.

It was a weekday at 5:00, so besides rush hour there's no reason as to why it would be a long wait which was finally a positive in your string of unfortunate events.

Though it was only around 10 minutes, waiting for the cab in the cold without a proper jacket or umbrella felt like an eternity, atop that feeling was the fear that Bugs or god forbid Daffy would come out to pester you and beg for more forgiveness which you promised yourself, you would not give into.

Another few minutes passed, before the worst imaginable did become reality.

"You're going to catch a cold."

A familiar grating voice softly said behind you as rain splattered onto your legs and feet from outside the covered area you sat under.

Bugs and a far more reserved Daffy stood behind you as you hugged your shoulders freezing in the cold.

"Thanks for worrying about my health, though I wish you would have did that earlier, when you hit me with a car"

You shivered praying they didn't step any closer to you.

Bugs stood beside Daffy feeling the growing tension even if he tried to keep it at bay, you didn't turn your head to glance at them, though you wanted to awfully bad.

Bugs sighed again knowing any move would upset you so the best would be to simply go with his gut, Bugs slowly walked toward you, proceeding to sit down on the steps trying to remain a few feet away. Daffy remained closer to the wall, leaning back on it trying to look busy on his phone and assume his normal casual demeanour.

You felt and saw Bugs' presence beside you, but really weren't in the best moods to acknowledge him. Even if he chased for any attention in this moment.

"Look, i get it. you're really stressed. And you deserve to be- Hell if I didn't know Daffy and he hit me with a car I'd be just as upset- if not more than you"

Bugs half chuckled regaining slight confidence as you noticed him slowly removing his jacket in your peripheral, making you wince slightly and shift away from him a few more inches, ensuring he didn't try anything stupid.

Bugs paused looking your way, as he took a deep breathe weakly and slowly, before resting his hands on his knees as he held his jacket in front of him, forcing himself to look back forward as to not stare and risk making you uncomfortable.

"And I know there's nothin' I can do to make you trust me but I do care... I'm sorry this ever happened to you"

Bugs said slowly and genuinely, making you slowly raise your head and look at him still holding a great deal of discomfort. Bugs followed meeting your eyes with a painful yet not forced smile.

"And I know you don't believe it.. but Daffy does too, we care, a lot- and it's not about money, court or anything, I care about you as a person y/n. I'm really, really sorry this is how we had to meet you."

Bugs continued careful with each word as Daffy, close enough to hear tried tuning him out.

"And I'll be straight with you. I know Daf simply seems like an asshole, and he is- but it's not that black and white, trust me I wish he was simply an asshole, but there's a whole lot more to that then I'll get into...."

Bugs chuckled rubbing the back of his neck as you remained quiet, listening.

"Uh.. I guess I'm just tryin' to say the guy has issues. I mean you can probably see that but long story short he's most likely jealous I'm bendin' over backward for a stranger, he doesn't like new people in the first place but me and all our friends giving you all this attention is definitely tickin' him off, even if he knows your hurt, and that it's his fault."