VI

Deruth can't concentrate on his work right now since two redheads are roaming around his office – like they own it – even when they're cleaning it. Their heights did not even reach the table so he was like watching fairies roaming around in his office with their heads sticking out prettily. He coos at how cute they looked whenever they read something or sat on their floor to read it. His eyes keep following them, even though he had to do his work as territory lord.

Just how far will these two little beings torture me with their cuteness?

He shook his head and muster all concentration in hopes to have some time to teach them later.

Maybe he should send them a tutor but that would be overkill. Everyone will complain if country bumpkins will receive tutelage from tutors. But they're brilliant!

"Count!" Cale's voice called out along the light tug on his sleeve, "this fell."

He did not even realize that they were already working around his table and cleaning things like it's second nature.

He asks, "Cale... Rok... do you want to study?" They are the Thames, if they can read thousands of books over the past months, then they probably didn't need to study. However, to keep them close they need to have something to make it so for a little while longer.

"Sword." Rok replied, "I want to learn the sword."

"You don't want academics?" Deruth asked.

"Do we need to relearn everything?" Rok asked. "Grandpa taught us the basics."

"Until what topic did your grandpa teach you before?"

"Politics and statecrafts, the advance volume," Cale replied.

Deruth was shocked. Politics and statecraft are taught as collegiate courses in the academy. It's higher, broader and the most difficult course – that even noblemen find it difficult to master. His library couldn't even compare to the book read by the twins.

He looked down and patted their heads. Reading must've been a hobby if they were able to read the entirety of the Henituse Library.

"Are you interested in more complicated books?" he asked.

Sounds new! The twins both chimed inside their heads. "yes!"

"Come follow me then," Deruth said and held each of the twins' hands in his. They were walking side by side with him holding hands. They passed by the hallway to the dungeons and went deeper into the basement. There's an old carved wooden door. The turtle carved was feral and not the usual golden turtle on the insignia. Deruth opened the door, light devices lightened the long way.

"I've memorized it," Rok said. He meant the passage where they will be going.

"Me too."

Such brilliant heads.

Deruth didn't say anything. They walked slowly until they reached another door. When he opened it, the lights brightened up revealing another hall of books. These are ancient texts from thousands of years. The Henituse kept its fame and power by keeping these records from the world.

The reason they took the turtle as their symbol, was not because they thought of themselves – it was because they must stay alive and exist for Rowoon.

Rok and Cale marveled at the sight of the books. The books here are records of the past that is way more difficult than the politics and statecraft volumes they read.

"We can read them?" Rok asked.

"of course."

I didn't know there was this kind of library here... I thought it was the dungeons only.