XXVIII

A/N: I'm starting with family thing MWAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

CHAPTER

He was accustomed to living in luxury, but now he had no choice.

He's starting to feel the pain all over again.

The sense of loss, the sense of hurt, the sense of sadness.

The happiness that was once present has faded. He can feel the sensation within himself fading. Everything... Slowly... slowly... fading away from all existence.

He's going insane.

Nobody can hear. Nobody cared.

Tell them... But no one listened.

Tell them that ge's going to be fine

'Save me.'

He was left with nothing but to beg.

'I want to be saved.'

Calling for someone to save him.

'Rescue me from this hell.'

Someone please don't let him suffer any longer.

Just...get him out of here.

Someone... Hear my cries,

Anyone... Hear my anguish.

He doesn't want to be in pain any longer.

*This.*

Deruth awakens. He focused his attention on the small figures on the bed. That was an extremely vivid dream. Two people, both standing in the battlefield, both looking at the distance with resignation.

He stood up and tucked them carefully under the blanket.

His small movements prompted both twins to move. They both reached out to each other while sleeping. Their foreheads were lightly touching, their hands were holding each other, and their feet were tangled in a cuddle.

He smiled and looked at them lovingly. All of his inhibitions vanished.

It makes no difference who they are now.

For as long as they remain by his side.

For as long as they keep smiling.

It didn't matter because he couldn't live without them any longer.

Sometimes you have to hurt to know, fall to grow, and lose to gain, because the most important lessons in life are learned through pain.

A broken heart... That's what he got in return for everything he gave up. He had given his all, and yet he was betrayed and stomped on the ground. He'd given so much of himself away; they'd only taken advantage of his heart and played with his emotions.

But all of that, didn't matter anymore.

He didn't want to lose this precious memory. He just wanted to get away from his past so he wouldn't see the useless version of him anymore. He wanted to cry, but there were no more tears in him.

His sad, lonely face.

The look on these children's faces when he asked them that question.

He realized what drove him to want something he never wanted to have while lost in the abyss of his own darkness.

He ignored the hurtful words.

The agonizing reality of his optimism.

The world he ended couldn't protect him, but it kept him safe.