Chapter 16

♕Maxwell♕

For some reason that Liam Knight kid seemed strange. That's not my problem anymore. I need to get through this week.

"Hey! Powers!" I turned around to see Jessica walking towards me. I smirked. "We need to finish this stupid project!" She glared at me and I raised an eyebrow at her. And I cared because? "I don't want to get a zero! Some of us actually want to get good grades and not just think about which girls I've humped and which I haven't." I looked shocked. Humped? I'm pretty sure I only slept with like a couple. Okay maybe almost half the school. What? They're so easy! "We need to finish this, please." Wow the girl can actually say please.

"Okay, when is the project due?"

"Seriously?!? It's due this Friday, Powers!" She glared at me. Hard. If looks could kill. I didn't have time for this.

"Okay I'm available tomorrow. Does that work with you?" She looked deep in thought before nodding and walking away. What the hell? Am I going to her place or mine? This girl was strange. I chuckled to myself before heading off to the cafeteria. Hopefully they had good food today.

"Hey, man did you hear?" Hear what?

"Hear what, dude?" I grabbed a slice of pepperoni pizza with Will following.

"The Gray's are having a party this Friday! And everyone's invited. We should totally go check it out." The Gray's as in Jessica and Reece? Before I could ask someone started talking.

"Everyone party at my house this Friday for our birthday! Everyone can come! Starts at 7!" Reece climbed down the table and walked outside to an embarrassed Jessica. So they were having a party sounds like it could be fun.

"Ugh, can you believe them? All they want is attention and popularity." I looked to my left and saw Julia there glaring at the twins. What's her deal? What did they do to her?

"Why do you say that?" I asked before even thinking. She snapped her head towards me. Shock clear on her face. Did she not mean to say it aloud?

"Oh no, nothing! I didn't say anything." I looked at her strangely before walking to our lunch table. "Are you going to the party?" Julia asked while eating her salad.

I shrugged. "Maybe, sounds like it could be fun." She nodded before turning to the girl next to her and started talking. That girl can be strange sometimes.

The rest of the day was uneventful and boring. I didn't really want to go home today. My father would be home today, which meant my mom would want us to have a "family" dinner. Those never turn out as expected.

"Powers!" I stopped and turned around and saw Jessica walking towards me with a girl who had her arm wrapped around her shoulders. "I just wanted to ask where you wanted to go to do the project?" I thought for a second. Maybe we should do it at her place, so she won't have to deal with my father's heated gaze from the stunt she pulled during the dinner that was TWO weeks ago.

"Your place sound good?" She nodded before grabbing her friends hand and yanking her away.

"By the way my names Katherine, but you can call me Kat!" She yelled over her shoulder. I saw Jessica smack her before dragging her away. I chuckled, so her name was Kat got it.

-----------------------------------------------------
3 updates! I know this chapter is short it's more of a filler but hope you guys enjoy it! Sorry for any mistakes! You know the drill!
Read
Vote
Comment
Fan!