Chapter 24

♕Maxwell♕

"Maxwell Powers?" I turned to see a scrawny boy with thick glasses on.

"Yeah. Who are you? What do you want?"

"I'm Todd and I'm just a messenger. Here."

He handed me a paper. I raised an eyebrow and he just shrugged before blending into the crowded hallway. Okay? That was weird. What is this? I opened up the note and read it.

Congrats, soldier! You made it. Welcome to the football team. Yeah, I know this is lame, but a certain someone made me do this cause she thought it would be cute. Anyways, practice start next week so, buff up and get ready! Welcome to hell! -Reece Gray, quarterback

I laughed. This had to be Jessica's idea. I placed the note in my bag before heading off to lunch.

"So, did you make it?" Julia asked as we sat at the lunch table. They were serving pizza again. I was okay with that cause it was delicious. I nodded my head taking a bite out of my pizza. As I looked up I saw Jessica. We made eye contact before she turned away and walked with Katherine to the willow tree outside. That's where they sat everyday. It was like their "spot".

"Oh yes, that's great!" I looked at her and raised an eyebrow. How was that great? "I can cheer you on during your football games!" She giggled. Oh right she was a cheerleader.

"Powers." I looked and saw Jessica standing there with a smirk on her face. "Can we talk in private for a moment." Her eyes flickered towards Julia before they came back to me. I nodded my head and got up. I saw Julia was glaring at Jessica.

"What's up?" I asked when we got into the hallway. She grabbed her bag and shuffled around in it. She pulled out a packet of papers. I raised an eyebrow at her.

"It's our project. I won't be here on Friday when it's due so, you have to turn it in." She had done all of this work. Man, she must have typed alot then. I don't even think I did anything besides read the damn story. I nodded my head.

"Why won't you be here on Friday? Isn't it your birthday?" She nodded her head.

"Reece wants me to help set up everything for the party. He thought he wouldn't be able to finish it alone so, he asked for my help. I need to get ready anyways." I nodded my head. We stood there awkwardly. Should I hug her? Would that be weird? Are we even friends now?

"Okay, well I'll see you later." She gave me a small wave before walking away into the cafeteria. Okay then, I guess no hug this time, but then again at least there was dent in that thick wall of hers. I just have to get her to trust me.

"So, what did twin bitch want?" I looked towards Julia and saw that she was glaring at Jessica and her friends. What was her deal? Why did she hate her so much? What did she do to her?

"She just gave me our project for English since she wouldn't be here to turn it in on Friday." I shrugged taking a bite out of the pizza. She nodded her head before eating her salad. She had a salad almost everyday. I wonder if she ever ate any meat.

~*~

"Maxwell!" I groaned getting up. What did she want now? I walked down the stairs wishing we had an elevator now.

"Yes?" I asked my mother as I walked into the living room. I saw my father sitting on the couch with papers surrounding him. My whole body stiffened and I clenched my jaw.

"Your father and I have to go out to New York to help the Gray's. We will be gone for two weeks. We will be leaving tomorrow morning. When we come back I want this place spotless and as how I left it. I will check in everyday. We might finish up early and come sooner than expected. We trust you, Maxwell, don't break that trust." I looked towards my father and saw that he was actually looking at me. He nodded his head at me before turning back towards his work.

Did he just acknowledge me? Does he really trust me?

"Okay, be safe on your trip. what time does the flight leave?" My father stood up and stood next to my mother.

"The flight leaves way before you have to wake up, that is why your mother called you down here." My mother walked towards me and gave me a tight squeeze and a kiss on my cheek. My father came up behind her and just squeezed my shoulder.

Why was he acting like this? Where is the asshole who has always been around? What happened to him? I think I liked him better than this stranger in front of me who actually speaks and touches me. I said good night and went into my room. Why was he acting strange?

-----------------------------------------------------
Who hates Julia? I sure do. So is Maxwell stuck in the friend zone? And what's up with his father? Sorry for any mistakes! You know the drill!
Read
Vote
Comment
Fan!