TWO

↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺

Athena decided that she hated Blake. 

As soon as they agreed they were done eating, and she and Henry fought to pay (she ended up paying, of course), Blake had leapt up from his seat as though his arse had caught fire and called shotgun in the loudest possible voice he could use with his mouth full of apple pie; he was loud enough to make everyone sitting in the restaurant turn to glare at them, mind.

Now, as she drove, he wouldn't shut up about something she probably couldn't care less about. He hadn't stopped talking ever since she started driving even when all the replies he had gotten from her, so far, were some nods or mindless hmm's.

"Can you just shut up?" she finally snapped, glaring at the road.

Blake shut up at once, frowning. 

She sighed in relief, her headache calming down a little, until—

"You're just grumpy because you're on that monthly thing girls get."

Athena pulled up at the side, opened her door, grabbed her inhaler and slammed the door shut again.

"Blake," groaned Henry, half amused, half annoyed. "You do not talk to girls like that! How many times does Emmet have to teach you?"

Blake snorted. "Since when do I listen to Emmet?"

Henry said, "Fair point," as Emmet cursed Blake.

Isaac was dozing off against Emmet's shoulder and Blake took a picture of them, grinning widely.

"What's wrong with her?" asked Emmet, his eyebrows furrowed as he stared at the pacing Athena through the front glass. She was pacing back and forth, pressing her inhaler to her lips before she just stood staring at her phone screen.

"She had ADHD," muttered Henry, "Ever since she was a kid."

Blake's head snapped up to look at her. "Fuck."

Emmet grimaced. "Fuck, indeed."

Athena ran a hand through her shoulder length dark brown wavy hair that had new navy highlights and walked to the car after a few minutes.

"Apologise!" Emmet hissed at Blake.

"For what, talking?" Blake hissed back.

"Just do it," said Henry quietly, nudging Blake.

Blake grumbled under his breath but muttered a barely heard 'sorry' when Athena closed her door. Henry and Emmet face-palmed.

"I don't want your forced apology, thanks," she said, rolling her eyes and starting the car.

"Well, you don't deserve it, anyway," snapped Blake, crossing his arms over his chest and glaring at the front glass.

Athena shot him an amused look. "No, you're right. I don't."

He was silent for the rest of the ride.

𝄞𝄥──────────𝄥𝄞──────────𝄞𝄥──────────𝄥𝄞

"We're here!"

"Finally!"

"Jesus, my back fucking hurts."

"God, I'm hungry, I hope dinner's ready."

"We just ate, you idiot!"

Athena rolled her eyes and helped them with the suitcases they had sorted into the trunk when they left McDonald's.