EIGHT

↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺

Athena took a shower, had a quick lunch and changed into a black shirt, black jeans and a blue, fur lined, denim jacket. She walked towards Chris in the living room and raised her foot in the air, her converse shoelaces were undone.

Chris made a big show of rolling his eyes and huffing before he swooped down to tie them for her.

"You do everything, literally everything by yourself. Yet, tying your own fucking shoelaces is such a hard task?"

"Shut up," she muttered, rolling her eyes and staring at her phone.

Sebastian was calling.

He'd been calling a lot the past few hours and Athena felt her heart break a little more.

He was calling her, despite cheating.

"Won't you pick up, love?" asked Blake, looking curious.

Athena snapped out of her thoughts and swallowed thickly. She felt exhausted all of a sudden; both physically and emotionally. 

"Who's Sebastian?" asked Henry, peering at the name of the caller who wasn't giving up.

"No one," answered Athena, heading to the door. "Let's go."

Chris's head snapped towards her and his jaw clenched. "Give me your phone."

"What? No."

"Athena, he's just gonna fuck you ov—" started Chris angrily.

"Shut up, arsehole," she hissed, wide-eyed as the others stared between them.

Chris glared at her. "Guys, we'll be right behind you, we just need a minute," he said, not taking his eyes of her.

The others nodded and left, shutting the door behind them.

"Chris, I'm really not in the mood," she sighed, resting he head against the wall.

"Why didn't you block the douchebag?" snapped Chris, walking towards her.

"It's none of your business," she replied, not moving.

"Give me your fucking phone, Athena," he hissed.

"Let's go, Chris," she said, ignoring him and beginning to walk away.

"If you leave without blocking the bastard, I'll tell the boys what you've been doing to yourself."

Chris's threat was unwavering, his voice cold. 

"You wouldn't." She shook her head, staring at him.

"Block him."

"Can't," she muttered, eyes on the floor. "It's still Sebastian."

"Fuck, Athena!" yelled Chris, "It's still Sebastian my arse! He fucking cheated on you! How fucking thick is your head?"

"Don't fucking yell, all right?" she snarled, "You don't get to talk after what you did when McKlein left."

And she was out the door.

"Everything okay?" asked Henry, cautiously.

"Peachy," she replied, hopping into the car with Emmet, Chris following behind her.

The others took Will's car and they hit the road.

𝄞𝄥──────────𝄥𝄞──────────𝄞𝄥──────────𝄥𝄞

They reached the amusement park after two hours. 

Chris and Athena seemed to have forgotten about their argument and were on good terms.