SIX

↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺

Athena frowned when she saw that Sebastian's lights were off. He never turned them off unless he was out or asleep and he never slept that early.

She dialed his number and called him, looking around the street impatiently. Her eyes fell on the sleek black racing car parked in the garage and she raised her eyebrows; he was definitely home.

So she went to the tree next to his window and started to climb, jumping into his room through the window. She frowned at the empty unmade bed and kicked an empty beer bottle aside, going to the window again. 

Just as she moved to leave, go to the building they hung out at, she froze. 

Two bodies were entangled in the sofa across the window of his living room, moving hastily and somewhat sloppily. She refused to believe it was him with the girl who was in her bra and blinked repeatedly but as the watch the boy was wearing caught the moonlight, her heart dropped.

 It was definitely him.

Covering her mouth to stifle a sob, she ran away.

And as though the clouds' hearts broke for her, it began to rain heavily.

When she reached the house, all lights were off and she assumed they all went to bed. She climbed up to her room and fell to her bed in a heap of tears, barely suppressing her sobs.

She didn't care that her clothes and hair were soaked, she didn't care that someone might walk near her room and hear her, she didn't care that she would wake up with puffy eyes the next day; she just needed to get it out. It's been inside for a long while. 

And Sebastian was as high as she had caught him, continuing his fun, unbeknownst to him that he would severely regret it the next morning, unbeknownst to him that he broke a heart as pure as Athena's for some dose of euphoria . . .

𝄞𝄥──────────𝄥𝄞──────────𝄞𝄥──────────𝄥𝄞

Athena woke up at the sound of her alarm blaring loudly, groaning, she turned it off hastily and stretched, her body aching.

Sighing shakily as the events of the previous night played in her mind, she went to take a shower, drying her hair and changing into her school uniform which consisted of a black skirt that reached just above her knees, a while button up, a black tie striped with grey and a black blazer she never wore, opting for a navy parka coat when it was cold. Thankfully, her school did not mind what shoes they wore as long as they weren't heels or over the ankle so she pulled her hair into a messy ponytail and threw on her converse. 

Grabbing her bag, she unlocked her room, leaving her phone as it died.

When she entered the kitchen, she was surprised to see Blake and Emmet sitting on the bar stools, on their phones.

Emmet smiled. "Morning."

Athena nodded at him and opened the fridge to grab a water bottle.

"Why're you up?" asked Blake, yawning.

"School, idiot." She rolled her eyes at him.

"Well, have a good day, babe." He winked at her, knowing it would annoy her.

"Dickhead," she muttered on her way out.

"I heard that!"

"You were meant to!"

Athena was in a rush, she didn't ever bother to grab the money Will left for her on the counter. 

She skated to school, her mood foul.