NINETEEN

↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺

Athena turned her head when she heard Emmet calling her.

She was walking around the second floor, her mind a thousand miles away.

"This's your room," he said, avoiding the subject of her attitude.

He opened the closed door furthest away from the stairs and she blinked, staring around the room with an open mouth.

"What are all these doors?" she asked, pointing at the three black doors that were in a small hallway beside the desk.

"Closet, bathroom and a sitting room," listed Emmet, smiling. "Biggest room in the house, Henry really wanted to make sure you're comfortable."

She rolled her eyes at the last bit and walked in, peering out of the window and she almost laughed when she saw the thin white bars hung out of the window.

"Um, the curtains are still not ready," said Emmet, taking her amusement for lack of curtains. "Paul can do them before he leaves."

She nodded and he left after a few minutes of hesitation.

She walked to the closed doors and observed them. Two of them faced each other on her sides and the third was between them and right in front of her.

She opened the one to her left and stared appreciatively at the bathroom. The right one was the huge walk-in wardrobe. She crinkled her nose at the sight of the overflowing clothes and opened a few drawers.

Makeup, nail polish, face masks, body masks, extra lotions, bandanas, hair bands, sunglasses, purses, belts, socks, paint, canvases, all types of colours and sketchbooks.

She closed the room and opened the third, raising her eyebrows at the huge flat screen in front of the couch.

She grinned slightly at the minibar, Chris would've loved that.

But her grin turned into a scowl when she noticed that there was no alcohol.

She groaned and flopped onto the couch, hating how comfortable it was. She couldn't complain about any single thing.

Sighing, she got up and approached her suitcase, unzipping it.

She took out some pyjamas and her slippers, going to take a shower. 

When she came out, Henry was gazing out of her window. The curtains were hung. 

She dried her hair with the towel. "I could've been naked, you know."

He sighed. "I figured you took your clothes since your bag is open."

She sat on the bed, staring at the door. "I don't want to be here, Henry. If you don't get me back to Fordwich soon, I'll hate you till I die."

He snorted. "You already do."

"I'll just hate you more." Her tone was sharp and she was glaring at the door. 

"People want to see you get better, Athena," he snapped. 

"As in who?" she drawled out, turning to face him with raised eyebrows. 

"Me! Ember, Will, the boys, everyone!" he spat, looking angry. "And all you do is push everyone away! All you do is piss people off! I thought we'd start fresh when we get here! But what did you do? You went ahead and pissed off someone from management and shamed your own mother." 

She turned to the door again. "I don't care if you like how I act or not, really." 

Henry let out an irritated sound and stormed out of her room, slamming the door. She tilted her head and her lips twitched in amusement.