Chapter 53

Epilogue

4 months later...

EDEN

I'm standing in the middle of my old beloved bedroom, staring at myself in the full length mirror.
The shock on my face, showing vividly through the perfect makeup that's been applied by none other than my two best friends.
I slowly rake my gaze over my face, the perfect amount of silver eye shadow and subtle black eye liner makes my eye colour pop.
The smallest amount of blush to my pale cheeks is spot on, as is the dark red lipstick that matches my long beautiful dress.

My dress which has a flowy dark red skirt but a tight lighter red sequined bodice hanging just above my ankles allowing the silver glittery high heels that Meg has chosen for me to wear, to be seen more easily.

I love everything about myself in this moment that for the first time in ages I could cry with happiness and not sadness.

Things have been difficult to say the least in the last four months.
When the battle was won by us and Logan was dead the remaining rogues either ran or were killed because they just wouldn't submit to Nic no matter how hard he tried to make them.

They had pledged their loyalty to their Alpha and it wasn't Nic.

They would have become a major problem in the future and Nic knew this, so he erased the issue before it had even had a chance to begin.

Of course he knew what would happen if he had left them there alive because he has an amazing mate that can see the future.

Me.

It has taken time for all of us to heal. As individuals and as a pack.
We returned home and set to work on the funerals of our fallen.
It was the saddest time of my life and they seemed to be never ending, even though I know we lost far less than Logan had.

Me and Nic had gone to every one of the funerals, talking to each family member in turn, telling them how courageous their loved one had been in the battle and how thankful we were to of had them in our pack.

It broke my heart every time.

The only good thing to happen was what I had thought all along.
The moment we stepped back over our territory line, Jess was waiting.
The mate bond had kicked in and she threw herself at Jake, who had only a moments notice to catch her.
She wrapped her legs around his waist and clung to him like he was her lifeline.

When they had finally parted and I reminded them that I had called it, they both growled at me.
Like, full on growled, which made me smile.

Since then they have been inseparable until today.

Because today is my Luna ceremony and in approximately 30 minutes I will officially become Luna of the Blood Moon Pack.

An overwhelming sense of emotions hits me hard and I try not to shed a tear.

"Don't you dare cry Eden. You mess your face up and we're not doing it again." Jess says behind me but watching me through the mirror.

I can feel even more emotions building as we make eye contact, because she isn't just one of my best friends anymore because once Jake and her had mated and marked each other, which is something I really don't want to think about, she became my family to.