Adoption

(Pride Rock) Third Persons POV

"I still can't believe there will be two new cubs joining us soon, I'm so excited" Dwala cheers. As she and two of her sisters hunt.

"Settle down Dwala, you'll scare the herd" Diku tells her little sister mildly annoyed.

"Quiet both of you" Naanda tells them. With their sister Sarabi the queen due to give birth soon and the lead huntress Sarafina also due to give birth. Naanda is now in charge of getting food for the pride. Mufasa is out patrolling the boundary of the pride lands daily to ensure the pride lands is safe for the future cubs arrivals. While his brother Scar is left home minding the hormonal future mother lionesses.

Anyway back to the hunt. They are hunting a herd of zebra, as Sarabi says she has a craving for zebra. Naanda spots an injured male, that had obviously been kicked out of the herd. After challenging the leader for breeding rights. She points it out to the other two and they fan out, encirling it. Dwala scares the herd and they scatter leaving the injured male behind, as they scatter & run. Naanda and Diku corner him by a boulder.

When Dwala joins them. She and Naanda pin him down and Diku kills him with a single bite. They take the kill back to pride rock. To see Mufasa had returned. Along with Nahko, Sarafina's mate. "How was patrol?" Naanda asks him.

"It was good, not a hyena or rogue in sight" he states

"Nice catch" Nahko says eying the zebra.

"Pregnant lionesses first" Diku tells him. He nods his head as Sarafina appears with Sarabi. Mufasa and Nahko greet them warmly. Rubbing down their bodies chaffing contently. Before allowing them to eat.

"How are they brother?" Mufasa asks Scar.

"Temperamental" Scar grumbles.

"You would be to if you had a cub kicking your ribs repeatedly" Sarafina snaps.

"Or constant cramps" Sarabi adds.

"Could it be contractions?" Dwala asks her excited. Sarabi swallows her mouthful of zebra. Becoming thoughtful.