Simba's Return

Uru's POV

I stand with the others as we watch Sarabi make her way through the hyenas. Towards my father and I see storm clouds above. The hyenas growl and snap at her heels, but Sarabi does not flinch. She soon reaches my father. "Yes, Scar?" she asks calmly.

"Guys!" we hear a whisper yell.

"Nala, you're back!" Sarafina cheers and rubs along Nala chaffing happily.

"No time for reunions, it's time to take back our home. I brought help" she states.

"Who?" I ask her.

"Simba" she says and we look at her shocked. "We'll explain later, he'll need our help to get rid of the hyenas. He'll handle Scar" she states. "Lets sneak around" she whispers and we do so. As the hyenas focus on Sarabi and my father.

"I'm ten times the king Mufasa was!" father snaps. As he back paws Sarabi. She falls to the ground as there is a clap of thunder. Suddenly a lion roars and we look up to see "Mufasa? No, you're dead" father says as he backs away from Sarabi. As the lion approached her.

"Mufasa?" Sarabi asks with a groan.

"No. It's me" the lion says.

"Simba? You're alive? How can that be?" she asks.

"It doesn't matter" he tells her and nuzzles her. "I'm home" he states. I smile.

"Simba? Simba! Oh, I'm a little surprised to see you, alive" father says giving a pointed look at the hyenas. Shenzi, Ed and Banzai back away into the shadows. He must have ordered them to kill Simba when the stampede didn't. They had obviously failed and lied about killing him to my father. They probably caused the stampede.

"Give me one good reason why I shouldn't rip you apart" Simba growls as he stalks towards my father. As the rest of us approach Sarabi.

"Oh, Simba, you must understand. The pressures of ruling a kingdom" Father says.

"Are no longer yours. Step down, Scar" Simba tells him.

"Oh, ye... Well, I would, naturally. However, there is one little problem. You see them?" father asks pointing to the hyenas. "They think I am the king" he states.

"Well we don't father" I snap. As Diku and Sarafina help Sarabi up. "Simba is our rightful king and it's time you stepped aside" I state.

"Uru, you'd betray me" father asks glaring.

"I am doing what is right for this pride and this kingdom" I tell him. I look at Simba. "I am with you Simba, are you with me lions?" I ask and they roar in approval. Ready to fight for our home.

"The choice is yours, Scar. Either step down or fight" Simba tells him.

"Oh, must this all end in violence? I'd hate to be responsible for the death of a family member. Wouldn't you agree, Simba?" father asks him.

"That's not gonna work, Scar. I've put it behind me" Simba tells him.

"But what about your faithful subjects? Have they put it behind them?" father asks. I step forward.

"If you are talking about when you killed Mufasa, they know everything father. I told them the truth of what happened in the gorge" I tell him. "Simba, your father's death was no accident. My father killed him" I state.

"No! Murderer!" Simba yells and pins my father to the ground. "Admit it, tell the truth" he orders snarling.

"Truth? But truth is in the eye of the beho..." father is cut off by a paw on his throat. "All right. All right!" he says and whispers something.

"So they can hear you" Simba tells him.

"I killed Mufasa!" father declares. We lionesses lunge into battle. The hyenas swarm Simba, knocking him off Scar. I lead the attack on the hyenas from behind. Simba fights off the hyenas from the ground, while Nala swats one away with her paw. I grab one by the scruff and throw it off of pride rock.

"Simba we'll handle the hyenas, you deal with my father!" I roar. He nods and chases my father. As he tries to sneak away.

"Uru, he'll need help" Sarabi states.

"He can handle it" I assure her.

"There isn't time to argue. The others and I can handle the hyenas, go help our king!" she roars. I curse and leap over the hyenas. Taking off after Simba and father up pride rock. Nala stops the hyenas from following me.

When I get to the top, I see Simba and my father locked in an epic battle. Father hits Simba hard, knocking him to the ground near the edge. He makes a leap and I sceam "no!" I leap and shove father over the edge. I turn around and grip the side of pride rock digging my claws into it. But I had no grip on my back legs and I am beginning to slip.

"Uru!" Simba shouts.

"Simba, help me!" I shout. I look up and he is there with a branch. He lowers it down to me and I grab it with my teeth. He starts to pull me up and I am soon safe on the ledge with him. We look down to see the hyenas finishing my father off. I cry into Simba's mane.

"Shush, you're safe now. It's all over" he says patting my back. "Lets rejoin the others" he says and I nod soberly. I follow him as tears streak down my face. He may of been a murderer, but he was still the only father I had and he's gone.

"Oh sweetheart" Sarabi says and nuzzles me.

"He's gone" I sob.

"Shush" she says. "Look" she adds nodding behind us. I turn to see the others appear with my three cubs. I race over and check all my cubs over. I sigh in relief and lay down. They begin to suckle happily as Simba climbs towards the promontory of Pride Rock.

We all watch him in awe as he accepts his destiny. As Simba reaches the edge of the promontory, he stops and looks up at the stars. The clouds part and sun light shines down on us. Simba lets out a mighty roar and we roar back. Mufasa was right, the sun set with Scar as king and is now raising with Simba as the king he was born to be.

A/N

Picture above of Simba.