Nuka

Uru's POV

Uru's POV

A few weeks ago Zira left the den. But she is back now with a cub. A boy, named Nuka. However, they are not the only new arrivals. We've been joined by three other adult lionesses and five cubs. Two newborns and three older cubs. There is Jira and her three daughters. Impi, Digger and Gereza. Beauty-spot and her two girls Dotty & Spotty. Lastly, is Lazy-eye. All at  loyal to Zira and my dad. It just made getting back our home harder. Will we ever be free?

Anyway, I can't focus on that. I have to protect Nuka. He currently looks strong and healthy. But food is becoming scarce. Mheetu has grown into a fine young cub. Nala is always exploring with him when not hunting. She adores him, though he does get on her nerves sometimes.

Zira has hardly let me see Nuka. But she had no choice today as it's her turn to hunt. So I am helping Jira and Beaut-spot mind all the cubs. Making sure to spend as much time as possible with Nuka. I want him to know what love is and not be raised full of hate.

"You are very good with him Uru" Jira praises me.

"Yes, you'd be a fine mother one day" Beauty-spot adds as she nurses her two girls.

"Father would never allow it" I tell them. "Besides I won't ever meet anyone here" I add.

"You still have a couple of years before your first heat" Jira states.

"What are you three discussing?" father asks as he enters the den.

"Nothing father" I say as Nuka lays on my paw. I smile and nuzzle him. He mews happily.

"I wish to speak to my daughter alone" he tells the others. Jira and Beauty-spot leave with the other cubs. "I am glad you two are getting along" father states. Looking at Nuka and I.

"Of course, he's my baby brother" I say with a smile.

"He's more then that my dear daughter" father tells me. I look at him confused. "All going well, you maybe queen in future" he states.

"But how? Nuka will be king and he is my brother" I remind him.

"Not your blood brother" he states. "If he proves worthy, you both may one day become mates" he tells me.

"Ew, father he is my brother" I remind him disgusted. "Yes, we're not blood relented. But we're being raised as siblings. It'd be weird if we ever mated" I state.

"Then I guess, you will no longer be raised as his sister" he states. "After today, you'll no longer be able to baby sit him. Focus on your training" he tells me and leaves before I can argue. I can't believe he thinks I'd ever accept my baby brother as my mate. That's wrong on so many levels.

(Time skip)

Even though I have not been able to spend time with Nuka anymore

Even though I have not been able to spend time with Nuka anymore. I am still watching him from a far. He is now old enough to explore the pride lands. Father has taken him to the top of pride rock. I watch as he shows Nuka the pride lands. "Arriving you see is the kingdom" father tells him proudly. Placing a paw around him.

"So this is our kingdom?" Nuka asks him curious.

"No, this is my kingdom" father corrects him. "But one day, it maybe yours" he states. I leave to go check in with Nala and Mheetu. Who is now a young teenager. He is growing into a strong young lion. I find only Nala with Tama.

"Something wrong Nala?" I ask her concerned.

"We can't find Mheetu" Tama tells me.

"We were practicing tracking and we can't find him" Nala says worried.

"We'll find him" I assure her. We start our search. Tama finds him in the gorge.

"Keep Nala away" she tells me.

"Why?" I ask and then gasp. Mheetu is dead, it's hard to say what killed him.

"Guys, have you find him!" Nala calls as she appears.

"Nala wait, go back" I say. But it's to late, she's seen Mheetu.

"Mheetu, Mheetu!" she roars and races over to him. She shakes him, but he doesn't wake. "No, you can't be dead, Mheetu!" she cries. She lets out a yowl.

"Nala, we're so sorry" Tama tells her.

"We should take him back, he deserves a proper send off" I state. We place Mheetu on Nala's back. Tama and I walk either side of her back to pride rock. Where Safafina and Sarabi spot us first. It was a sad night for the pride. The only ones who seemed to not really care was Zira and her lionesses. Probably happy Nuka's biggest rival for the crown is gone.

I will find out who killed Mheetu and make them pay. But right now, Tama, Nala and I need to train more in fighting. So that we can take back our home in future.

A/N

Picture above of newborn Nuka and picture in chapter of Scar & Nuka. Pictures in chapter of Jira, Lazy-eye, Beauty-spot, Dotty, Spotty, and of Jira's three cubs (Impi, Digger and Gereza). Picture on the external link of Nala moaning of Mheetu's death.