Grounded and Be Prepared

Uru's POV

I was soon woken up from my nap and see dad. Oh no. "Uru, come" he says firmly.

"Go on dear" Sarabi says nudging me gently.

"But..." I try to protest.

"Now Uru" he says firmly. I sigh in defeat. I said good bye to the others and follow him to our cave. "Tell me the story now" he demands.

"I wasn't due to meet the Nani and Estel yet. So I decided to explore on my own. But I was found by hyenas, they chased me to the river" I explain.

"You ran?" he asks swishing his tail with disapproval

"Yes sir" I say ashamed. "I was scared and ran away like a coward, I'm sorry" I tell him.

"You're grounded" he states.

"What?!" I exclaim shocked looking up at him. "But daddy..." I try to protest.

"Don't 'but daddy' me!" he snaps. "You made an embarrassment of yourself, there for you embarrassed me" he states. "You're grounded, end of discussion" he says looking down at me. "No leaving pride rock" he says and left flicking me with his tail.

I lay down and begin to cry. Why can't he be like the others? Why didn't he comfort me like a normal father? I was nearly eaten and now I'm grounded. What did I do wrong? Had I really embarrassed my father?

(Pride lands) Third Person's POV

"Hello Scar" Zira says with  seductive smile as she joins him.

"Zira" he drawls.

"I come baring a gift" she tells him sweetly. She places a zebra leg in front of him. "Just caught it" she says proudly.

"I'm not hungry" he grumbles.

"What's wrong?" she asks him.

"Uru was nearly killed by hyenas earlier" he states.

"Those savages, is the poor thing alright?" she asks fawning concern.

"Unharmed, she's grounded at home" he states. "I'm going to go have a word with the hyenas" he growls.

"You know I never thought hyenas essential. They're crude and unspeakably plain" she tells him. He chuckles.

"True my dear" he says rubbing down her side. "But maybe they've a glimmer of potential. If allied to my vision and brain" he whispers in her ear. Making her shiver with pleasure. He chuckles at her reaction. He growls lowly as he sees Mufasa in the distance with Nala and Simba, very much alive.

"What's the plan?" Zira asks him.

"I'm going to go scold those hyenas and remind them of their purpose. Care to join me?" he asks. She nods her head. "Bring the leg" he adds and sets off. She carries it falling him.

(Elephant graveyard)

Zira and Scar arrive to hear three hyenas complaining about Mufasa & being at the bottom of the food chain. They then start to rant about how much they hate lions. Saying they are pushy, hairy, stinky and ugly. Zira silent snarls wishing she could rip them apart. But she can't afford to get on Scar's bad side. She'd lost three of her girls who were growing impatient at the lack of results about joining the Pride Land Pride. Uma, Daphne and Kwami are the only ones who stayed.

But Zira knows the other three will come crawling back in time. Especially, once she succeeds. Then they'd beg her to allow them to return to her side. "Surely we lions are not all that bad" Scar drawls catching the hyenas attentions.

"Oh, Scar, it's just you" Banzai says in relief.

"We were afraid it was somebody important" Shenzi adds.