New Arrivals

Malkia's POV

"So what do we think of Kiara?" Rozi asks.

"She will be a strong leader one day" I state.

"I pray we never have to babysit her" Kiburi states.

"Why?" Rozi and I ask.

"Did you see how feisty she is? She won't listen to anyone and will always get into trouble" she states.

"I thought you liked getting into trouble" Rozi states.

"No I like exploring, sure looking after her would be an adventure. But we'd get blame if anything happened to her" Kiburi states.

"True" I agree.

"Quiet!" Zazu says from above. We all look at him confused. He lands in front of us. "Stay hidden in the grass, I must alert Simba of strangers at the water hole" he states. Then  takes off.

"Strangers?" Rozi asks.

"Lets go check it out" Kibrui suggests.

"Zazu told us to stay hidden" I remind her.

"We will, we're just going in for  closer look. No one will see us" she states. I didn't want to go, but Rozi was thristy and Kiburi wanted to go. So I was out voted. We silently crept towards the water hole and hear laughter.

"Oh Patty you're so funny!" someone laughs. "Did that really happen?" the same voice asks.

"Oh yeah and I tell you it hurt worse then sitting on a bed for thrones" another states. We see three teenage lionesses by the water hole. Suddenly one looks our way and we crouch down.

"Hey guys, I don't think we're alone" she states.

"Busted" Kiburi whispers.

"Shush" I tell her.

"It's ok little ones, we won't hurt you" she assures us. We stay hidden. "Come on out" she encourages us. "Look we mean no harm" she states and we peak out to see them all laying on their backs. Bellies and throats exposed.

"What do you think Malkia?" Rozi asks.

"They seem harmless, but best to stay on alert" I tell them. We slowly creep out of the tall grass. The lionesses smile and roll onto their stomachs. But stay laying down. "Who are you?" I ask them.

"You know it's rude not to introduce yourselves first" one tells us.

"It's fine Eva" the one who had spotted us assures her. "I am Judy, this is my sister Patty and our cousin Eva" she states. "Will you tell us your names little ones?" she asks with a friendly smile.

"I'm Malkia, these are my sisters Kiburi and Rozi" I state. "Where are you from?" I ask.

"We journeyed down from the mountains, we're looking for a pride to join" Patty states.

"We ran across one in the out lands, but we didn't share the same ideals as them. So we left" Eva states. "Nearly killed us they did" she adds.

"Eva, they are cubs!" Judy snaps. "Ignore her, she was dropped on to many times as a cub" she tells us.

"Hey!" Eva exclaims pouting and Patty laughs.

"Girls!" mum shouts as she appears with Simba and several other pride members. "Are you three alright?" she asks us concerned.

"We're fine mum" we assure her.

"What is your business here rogues?" Simba asks the lionesses.

"Looking for a pride to join, do you believe in the circle of life?" Judy asks.

"Of course, we live by it" mum tells her.

"Great, something we have in common" Patty states.

"I'm Judy, this is my sister Patty and our cousin Eva" Judy introduces themselves. "I know we're young, but we are a fine hunting team and we've traveled a long way looking for new pride" she explains.

"Why leave your old pride?" Simba asks.

"It was taken over by two brothers. They wished to mate with all the females and killed all the young cubs. They were going to keep us around until we were old enough to mate. But we refused to be used that way, so we left in the dead of night" Eva explains.

"Well you don't have to worry about Simba doing that, he is so in love with his queen. He doesn't notice the rest of us" mum tells them. "I myself only had these angels because of a rogue lion called Lucien" she states. Nodding to my sisters and I.

"Lucien, that was the name of one of the lions that took over our pride. The other was Chumvi, he was against killing the cubs. But he would never dare go against his brother" Judy states.

"Well at least he won't show his face around here again" mum states.

"You three are welcome to join our pride. Though you'll have to pull your weight" Simba tells them. "We all hunt and patrol in turns" he states.

"We're fine with that" Eva assures him.

"Then lets go home" Mum says.

"But I'm thirsty" Rozi whines.

"How about I give you three a tour?" Simba suggests. "See you back at pride rock" he tells us and leaves with the new arrivals. Rozi, Kiburi and I have a drink of water. Then start to play fight under the watchful eyes of our mum, and two other members of the pride. Until it was time to return to pride rock. Where all of us got a bath before going to bed for the night.

A/N

Picture above of Judy, Patty and Eva.