𝟏𝟗

Isabella's pov-

It's like every day I have to keep it a secret, part of me dies.

I could be being dramatic,yes.

But it was killing me.

I mean, he's my brother and he's a cop. He's here to most probably take us in.

Everyone is starting to get attached And I hate it.

We were working all day at the garage when Vince came in and went to whisper something to dom.

His face switched into something angry before he relaxed it again and called Leon and Jesse to come with them.

"What's going on?"

I asked

"Nothing. I'll be back soon"

He said kissing my forehead.

"Dom"

He just walked away and got into his car,driving away as the guys followed.

No one but mia was home.

Letty has left earlier cause she had a date with some guy.

I rolled my eyes at their antics before walking away and working on my car again.

We'd been using cars we'd won at races or any car that wasn't being used to race while we worked on the ones we were taking to race wars.

Reminds me, I need to tell everyone about Brian before race wars.

I don't want to get busted and i definitely don't want them to get busted.

Moreover, I don't want them to hate me, which they probably will after I tell them.

The thought made me equally angry at Brian for being here as it made me angry at myself for lying about being an only child.

"Hey"

Mia said as she walked into the garage

"Hi"

"What're you up to?"

"Just...fixing her up"

I said as i kept working.

"Bella"

"What?"

"I feel like I don't know you anymore. What's going on?"

This made me stop whatever I was doing and I turned to her.

"What do you mean?"

" I mean...that you're always working or you're in here, we haven't talked in what feels like ages, you keep ignoring me and for the past two weeks you've been acting weird but won't talk to me about it. You know what? Forget it"

She said about to walk out and I felt terrible.

I swear it's not what i was staying to do.

I've just been so occupied with Brian that working keeps me occupied with something else.

That helps.

And with the job... I really haven't been able to spend any time with her.

"No. No wait...I'm sorry."

She just turned around and i walked up to her,holding her hands in mine.

"I'm really sorry mia. I've just been really...occupied. but that's not an excuse I should've made more time for you. I'm sorry."