𝟐𝟑

Doms pov

We were all working on the cars. I was too occupied with work to act on the fact that bella hadn't eaten anything all day except for coffee and smokes.

Mia's going on a date with Brian.

And he better not hurt her.

I pulled him aside while they were talking.

"You got big plans tonight?"

I asked him while walking towards the back.

"Yeah. We're going out to dinner."

"You break her heart, I'll break your neck."

It was true.

"That's not gonna happen."

It better not.

"I want to show you something. Me and my dad built her. Nine hundred horses of Detroit muscle. It's a beast.  You know what she ran in Palmdale?"

"No. What?"

"Nine seconds flat."

"God."

"My dad was driving. So much torque, the chassis twisted coming off the line. Barely kept her on the track."

"So, what's your best time?"

"I've never driven her."

"Why not?"

"It scares the shit out of me."

He walked around it to see a picture of a man with a boy next to him on a cork board.

"That's my dad. He was coming up in the pro stock-car circuit. Last race of the season. A guy named Kenny Linder came up from inside, in the final turn. He clipped his bumper and put him into the wall at 120."

"I watched my dad burn to death. I remembered hearing him scream. But the people that were there said he had died before the tanks blew. They said it was me who was screaming.

"I saw Linder about a week later,I had a wrench, and I hit him. And I didn't intend to keep hitting him, but when I finished, I couldn't lift my arm.
He's a janitor at a high school now. He has to take the bus to work every day. And they banned me from the tracks for life."

"I live my life a quarter-mile at a time. Nothing else matters. Not the mortgage, not the store...
not my team and all their bullshit. For those 10 seconds or less...I'm free."

I'm not sure why I was telling him all of this but I felt like I needed to

I like this dude.

I trust him.

  ·̩̩̥͙**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*·̩̩̥͙·̩̩̥͙**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*·̩̩̥͙

Everyone had left, mia wasn't home it was just me and bella.

I was going to take full advantage of it.

" Bella c'mon"

"What? I'm almost done hold on"

She is such a workaholic it's not even funny.

More than me. That's saying a lot.

"You've been saying that for the past hour."

"Yeah well...I need to get this done"

I pulled her from under the car and stared down at her.

"You're done. Let's go"

"But-"