Dark Romance Winners

Below, I present the winners of the Dark Romance category. Congratulations to all the winners! The competition was fierce, with the top scores being very close. It was a tough decision to determine the 1st and 2nd place winners. Ultimately, I looked at factors such as grammar, story flow, and chapter length to break the tie. If you participated but didn’t place and would like to know your scores and reviews, please feel free to PM me SapphirianJ82 for your results.

Now, without further ado, we have our first place winner!

The Breeder by Anna-Jackal read and judged by SapphirianJ82 please PM me with your email so I can send you your winning sticker for download.

Overall Score 1-100 score (96 of 100)

Title and Book Cover: 1-10 score (8-10)

I find myself completely captivated by the new book cover of ‘The Breeder’. The imagery is truly captivating and it aligns perfectly with the plot of the story, even more so than the previous cover. However, my only concern lies with the font used on the cover. In my opinion, it should be bolder in order to make a stronger impact and stand out more against the image. Currently, the title font seems to blend in a bit too much with the overall image.

Regarding the title, I find it fitting for the plot, although it lacks creativity. There are numerous other titles that are either similar or identical. I would recommend brainstorming a more unique and original title, one that stands out from the rest. This book is truly remarkable and deserves a captivating and bold title to enhance its intrigue.

Blurb: 1-10 score (9 of 10)

The blurb is highly intriguing and well-written, with hardly any issues concerning grammar and punctuation. Furthermore, it effectively coincides with the plot of the story. However, it is quite lengthy and could benefit from some paragraph spacing, allowing each aspect of the story to be addressed separately. Additionally, leaving certain elements of the story to the reader’s imagination and maintaining a sense of mystery surrounding the plot would be beneficial. 

Plot/Creativity/Originality: 1-20 score (20 of 20)

The plot of this book unfolds remarkably well, captivating me from the very beginning until the very end. I was completely engrossed and couldn’t bring myself to put it down. It’s unlike anything I’ve ever read before, which is saying a lot considering the countless books I’ve devoured on Wattpad. The level of creativity and originality displayed in this story is truly exceptional. With each chapter, I found myself getting lost in the world created by the author, completely immersing myself in the narrative. This book is an absolute must-read.

Character Development: 1-20 score (20 of 20)

From the moment Theodora is thrown into a world she despises, she makes a life-changing decision. No longer content with being a meek little princess, she embraces her inner strength and fights fiercely to protect her loved ones. Witnessing Theodora exert her power and claim her independence was truly captivating. The character development unfolds seamlessly, beginning in the very first chapter and growing stronger with each subsequent chapter.

Story Flow: 1-10 score (10 of 10)

The story’s flow was smooth and highly engaging, keeping me at the edge of my seat. It was neither slow nor fast paced throughout.

Grammar: 1-10 score (9 of 10)

Grammar and punctuation were for the most part flawless; with only a few minor mistakes here and there. In those cases issues were addressed as I was doing my reading.