Chapter 18

"What do you think it is?"

"I have no idea."

"Maybe it's a weird sex thing? Oh! Maybe it's a sex toy!"

"Oh come on, Loes."

"What? If you don't want it, I'll take it." She reaches for the box, and I slap her arm away scowling at her.

"Please." She shrugs her shoulders and I sit down on the couch taking the box on my lap and opening it. Loes looks down at me still standing up.

"So you're sure it's him?" I finish opening the box and lean it towards her so she sees what is inside

"Yep."

"Oh my god." She reaches inside the box, still processing what she is seeing. "That's weird." She pulls out the set of red laced lingerie and I reach for the pictures lying under the set.

A couple of years ago I did a photoshoot with Vitoria Secret, wearing this exact set. The pictures were never released though. I ask them not to. So having them printed out in front of me sends a shiver down my spine because I really have no idea how he got these. And if he can get those pictures, what else can he do?

"This is sick, Athena. The box is not named or anything, it wasn't delivered, he was here himself."

"You think I don't know that? He is fucking crazy."

"You know what you have to do right?" She throws the lingerie back into the box and I roll my eyes, pushing it away and heading into my kitchen to get something to drink. "Athena, you got to report this." She follows me in the kitchen and when I look back at her I see that she is very serious.

"You really think people are going to care? For what it is they're going to tell me not to complain about people sending me gifts." I pour the red wine into a glass and swirl it around smelling it before tasting it.

"Those are not gifts, Athena. These are, well- I don't really know what they are but they're not gifts!" Her voice is growing louder, if she is upset this conversation could go on for too long and I absolutely don't want that.

"If there is any more, I'll do something but I'm not going to call the police for a set of lingerie and a bracelet."

"Is that all there is? Just two 'innocent' boxes?" I take a big gulp of my red wine thinking about my answer.

Your secret is safe with me.

Wear it for me beautiful.

Tick-tock, tick-tock, tick-tock.

"Yeah. Just this." I find myself unable to tell her about the mask, the notes, the threat...

I put down my glass, gather everything, and walk into my room to place it with the rest of the stuff he sent me. "Hey, by the way, Ares called last night." I yell at her from my room. I've decided to tell her about Ares and I's conversation. She is my best friend, and I can't do this to her. I need to tell her about everything that happened.